TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds

3 posters

Go down

[Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds Empty [Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 am

Kennek laid on a mat in the middle of a makeshift camp. The desert sun did little to bother him - if anything, it felt good when the sun was soaked into his scales.

The Colovian Highlands was a mostly uneventful, at least to him. Nothing counted as "interesting" to him unless it involved a fight, a book, or a woman - situation being what is it, there was not very much opportunity for any of those things for the warrior-poet. Kennek sighed, sounding a bit like a hiss, as he scratched at his bandages. Surprisingly, they looked clean for once, the eye wound no longer causing him as much trouble as it once did beyond the expected problems with depth perception. More than a few times, it bit him on the ass when he went hunting, and he had the dents in his armor to prove it.

His lute was set aside in a tent, the rocky outcropping they'd set up at providing a good amount of shade during the peak hours of the day - hotter than a forge when the sun rose, though. Right now, he just wanted to relax outside the shadow of the jagged outcropping.

He couldn't help but miss the cold of Skyrim, though.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

[Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds Empty Re: [Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 am

"Remember when I said Skyrim was the worst? I was lying"

Arla Neerus throws down some wood for the fire on a mat, before shouting in anger.

To deal with the heat, she doffed some of her things earlier, bandages still covering the healed bits and her modesty. It had been nice for a while but he ran into a wall...

Sunburn.

Arla, the fearsome recipeient of a Daedric curse, was a bright red color. Her body screaming with each step.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

[Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds Empty Re: [Alik'r Desert, west of Elinhir] Wayward Vagabonds

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Unlike her compatriots, Seeks thoroughly enjoyed the heat. No longer having to use magic to keep herself warm, her mind and body were freed to focus on other things. Or, in this case, relax.

The argonian lounged in partial shade claws behind her head. "I don't know what you're complaining about. Red's a nice color for you."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

"Least she ain't complainin' about clothing anymore." Kennek said, secondary lids blinking to wet his eyes. Having no need to sweat and being cold blooded, he simply warmed up to the outside temperature.

Of course, metal heats up rather swiftly in desert heat, so he had to remove that and set it aside. Clad in a white tunic and baggy brown pants, he looked at Seeks and grinned. "Looks like you're not wound up like a top, Seeks."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:49 pm

"Ow ow ow ow ow"

Such was the response to both of her companions. She knelt down beside her sleeping mat, feeling and imagining the pain the rough fibers would inflict on her tormented skin.

Moving over to their gear, she grabbed some spare bolts of cloth, laying them down on her mat.

"I...ow...need somethi...ow...thing to cover up with." She held still, not letting her skin touch anything. "Lemme have that tunic. I'm wounded!"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Seeks stretched and sat up. "I don't have to focus on keeping warm, so I can actually relax. It is a bit dry here, though."

Her hand glowing, Seeks approached Arla. As she ran the glowing hand over the girl, the red, inflamed skin lightened in color slightly and began to numb. "I'm getting a little better; looking after you guys is more than enough practice." She paused, "You know, I never understood men and mer. You seem so fragile — with the possible exception of Nords and Orismer — yet you managed to dominate the entire continent. How did you manage to do that?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:55 pm

"Stickin' their dicks in everything, I imagine." Kennek pulled off his tunic, revealing his upper torso. Black scales gleamed in the light, though the vision was obscured for Arla as his tunic suddenly covered her head and shoulders.

"There, now quit your yammerin'. You'll live through a bit of shedding."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:01 pm

"I'm human. We don't shed. Thought you would have noticed that by now." She pulled the tunic down over herself as she laid down.

"And obviously it is because we are better at everything" She looked smug. "How much would you like to wager that Argonia falls into the Empire soon? I would be so happy if that happened. You two could be citizens!"

She looked around at the empty landscape. "I hate this place"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am

Seeks looked annoyed now. "Argonia has never been successfully invaded, girl. We were integrated into your Empire via a treaty — one we are unlikely to ever enter again — and your influence was never felt in any real sense. You humans simply can't traverse the swamp."

Her face shifted to mischievous. "Or resist diseases. Or poisons. Or swim properly. Plus, you're so squishy." She gently ran a claw over Arla's skin. "Far from perfect beings."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:13 am

Kennek leaned up, watching Seeks work. He puts his claws on Seeks' shoulders, grinning like a crocodile. "They don't got bodies that can regenerate wounds, they can't breathe underwater, nor can they have asses that go on for days."

He thwacked her with his tail on the rear, ducking the inevitable punch and laughing like an asshole. "And we don't turn red in the sun!"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:36 pm

"And yet we still were never slaves" She seethed through the slight pain from the claw.

Her face turned even more red, her eyes dilating almost to slits. She was furious and yanked away, wincing as skin cracked.

"You guys aren't even worth being equals. So high and mighty in the swamps. FINE. Be kings of Mud. Imperials will rule things that matter!"

She stomped off with her mat about twenty feet or so
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Seeks' anger welled up within her at the mention of slavery and, not being known for her ability to control her temper, stomped to the girl. When she reached Arla, she grabbed her by the neck, a rage burning in her eyes. "Say that one more time, girl. I dare you."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Kennek may not have liked Arla, but he wasn't going to let Seeks do her worst to the Imperial. He swiftly stepped behind Seeks and put her into a full nelson, picking the slightly shorter woman off her feet and stepping backwards. "Whoa there. The Imperial seems to be forgetting about the Ayleids enslaving her kind for a few hundred years."

"Let's just leave her be to herself. Alright?" Kennek still did not release Seeks - rather he took her back to the shade and made a grunting sound as he lied them both on a mat, arms wrapped around her to keep her still. "I'll let you go when you've calmed down."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 pm

She got a cheap thrill out of loosing her verbal bolt into her preys weak spot, up until she was wrenched up by her neck. The red skin sloughing off in the Argonians scaly grip.

Just a weapon for the future.

She coughed a bit in response until Kennek pulled her off. Kenneks comparison was stupid. Ayleids didn't even exist anymore. It didn't count.

She tried to grin through the pain, just to rub a little salt in the wound. Of course she'd apologize later but that was just a mercy.

"I...*kaff* can't wait to go home...*urrrk* and be done with you both" She wheezed out a few more mean spirited but mostly unintelligible comments.

She kept coughing and pulled her mat further away, sitting down and looking away from them.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 am

Arla's attempt to get a rise out of Seeks was successful. The furious mage struggled in Kennek's tight grip, unable to get free. She barred her teeth as visions of a plantation flashed through her mind. Staring at the werewolf, a half-crazed-half-afraid look in her eyes, she managed to growl, "Let me go! I can shorten this trip considerably!"
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:24 am

"Much as I want you to, Seeks, we're better than that." Kennek said sternly to her, wrapping his legs around the woman's own and holding her down on the mat. "Look. I get what she's doin' to you, and you're better than that. You're Seeks."

"If it's that bad... just... talk to me, ok? I'm here to listen, help. All that stuff. But you need to calm down. Please."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 am

"So much for think skin..."

Arla turns up her nose and turns away from them. She closes her eyes, thinking of green fields, cool ponds, cool nights and the way the moon sat in the sky...

She wished there was a full moon now. She'd run back to someplace without this sand and these lizards.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Though she did hear Kennek over her own growling, it took several minutes for Seeks to finally calm down. "Okay, okay. I'm done."

She got up and moved towards Arla, stopping a good distance from her. With a hint of reluctance in her voice, she said, "I'm... sorry. That's a bit of a touchy subject; I'd rather not get into the details. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, let me know."

Without giving her a chance to answer, Seeks walked back over to Kennek, giving him an awkward half-hug and whispered, "Thank you. I probably would've killed her if you hadn't stopped me."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Kennek hugged Seeks back, whispering back to her, "Hey. I told ya I'd be around to help. I meant that." He pulled her close, then let her go and sat down on his mat. "Wanna stick by and talk?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Seeks scooted away from him looking slightly embarrassed. "No, I should uh... meditate. Yes, I need to meditate. No need to focus on frivolous things, I'll be fine."

She wrapped her tail around herself and shut her eyes.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

Arla grunted a response, staying away from them.

She didn't have much to say or do. Just keep out of the sun and talk as little as possible to them. She'd be home and cured soon enough.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum