TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil] The Hunt

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil] The Hunt Empty [Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil] The Hunt

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 am

The city of Cheydinhal had changed much since the last time one of the Dark Brotherhood stepped in the city. It had been burned long ago, then rebuilt brick by brick. Much of the Dunmer influence had been replace with Altmer and Imperial styles, but if one squinted, they could see parts of the city as it was before the Undead Army came. Like many things, the city had long endured. The Cheydinhal Bridge Inn was one such structure that was rebuilt over time, this time by the bridges that it claimed to be near. Once favoured by the upper class, the Inn now serves anyone who comes in equally.

Though the proprietor did give Nightshade an odd look when he had stepped into the establishment. Perhaps it was because of the Shrouded armour he wore under his travelling cloak. Or perhaps the two daggers strapped to his legs. He doubted they noticed them; maybe they were just wary of travellers. The Dunmer didn't bother to stop by the counter to order something, he simply sat down at a table in the corner, watching the door, and settled to wait.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

[Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil] The Hunt Empty Re: [Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil] The Hunt

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 am

Cyrodil was too damn warm.

Odd thought coming from a cold blooded man such as Kennek, but he preferred the bracing cold of Skyrim; it made him at ease, want to bask in the sun whenever the thing peaked it's head past the clouds. This heat made him constantly be on edge, full of energy, fidgeting if he went too long without doing anything.

Luckily, if this plan was being put to work, he'd have plenty to do in the coming weeks. Namely, his most favorite of activities - bashing in the skulls of morons what had it coming to them.

His armor was covered in a brown fur cloak, looking like he'd skinned a deer to make it for himself. The armor itself was a Nordic patterned steel plate affair, and at his side was a mace made of steel as well.

Ever since his time with Seeks had become more or less friendly (he was persistent), he decided that she didn't need a berserker. She'd need a shieldbearer, even if his shield wasn't quite up to snuff - it was made of Orichalcum, and the weight was taking him awhile to get used to.

Kennek stepped into the tavern without his usual swagger, the visor on his helmet forged in the shape of a roaring dragon - he thought it fitting, considering his race - hiding his visage from the commonfolk. He scanned the inn and noted a single Dunmer.

He took the seat across the man and unstrapped his helmet, setting it upon the table. His face was still scarred with bright red flesh, and he grunted slightly in acknowledgement of the man. "The Vigil stands watch, child of Azura."

"I hear you want help putting their eyes out."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:25 am

The dunmer had glanced up at the door when it had opened, and when he recognized the argonian that walked in. For his part, he simply nodded in greeting when Kennek had sat down. "Greetings to you as well." He started softly, so that his voice did not carry to anyone around them. It would not do them well if everyone in the tavern knew that they were planning on destroying the Vigilants of Stendarr. "I'm glad to see you in better shape than when we last met in Bruma. Are your companions still with you?"
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 am

"The girl ran when we got to Daggerfall." Kennek grunted. "Seeks is still my companion, and I have a feeling we'll be needing magic." He kept his voice low as well - easy because of the bass of it, though it wasn't as quiet as he could have been. Otherwise, it'd sound like he was muttering.

"You're the dunmer from Bruma? Damn fine of you to leave us to the guard." He grunted, a gauntlet picking out a gold Septim, looking it over with his one working eye, the other pure white and yet to regain it's sight. "I owe them more than every Septim I have, those Vigilants. Pluck out their eyes, see how they like it."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 am

"I didn't leave you to the guards. If I did, the girl would've died while you and Seeks-Many-Secrets fought at the gates." Nightshade replied as he adjusted the hood on his head, making sure it kept his face in the shadows. "In any case, I'd like to wait to see if anyone else will be answering the call from the ledgers...vigilants or otherwise. Perhaps you should grab a drink while we wait."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am

"Now you're speaking sensible." Kennek unstrapped his shield, setting it to the side of his chair as he went up to the barman, taking out a few more Septims as he did so.

It was likely going to be a long night, and he'd like something to put a fire in his veins that didn't make him feel sluggish.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 am

The dunmer remained in his seat while the argonian left to get a drink. For now, his crimson eyes watched the doors, waiting for the next person to enter.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalcryas Tarrlen Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 am

There are those times in ones life that later make us wonder what the gods were planning. Was there some sort of alignment of stars that forced certain people to coincide? Or was there just some sort of bland mundane truth to the universe at large. Either way, the fates had convened and the Altmer known as Nalcryas slammed open the door to the ancient Inn.

Or was it stumbled?

Hands slamming down on the bar like chunks of ore, she shouts.

"Oi! Some Dunmer wrote me. Where is he?" She gestures for a bottle, squinting around the Inn. Squinting due to the slight swelling over her eye, a gift from a recent bout with an Orc.
Nalcryas Tarrlen
Nalcryas Tarrlen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 am

And then a loud, apparently drunken Altmer storms in. Apparently, Nightshade did not even need to keep an eye on the door. The cloaked dunmer simply raised an arm for about a minute, before he spoke. "Here. Unless that dunmer wrote you a challenge or love letter. In which case, not here."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalcryas Tarrlen Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:17 am

"That'd be yer father, he was as ugly as you" She laughs and finds a seat at the Dunmers table. "So. We're to be slaying some vigilants eh? Because of a book? One that doesn't even have spells"

There is a glugging sound as she drains the bottle.
Nalcryas Tarrlen
Nalcryas Tarrlen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 am

"Twice as ugly, actually. Especially with his skull crushed." Nightshade casually replied. "And yes, we are to be killing off Vigilants. Though to be fair, they started it."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 am

Kennek returned with a bottle of mead, uncorking it and taking his seat. "Well, so much for being subtle." He grunted, taking a drink from the bottle. A deep one at that.

He licked his scaled muzzle clean before letting out a sigh. "I'm not very good at subtle anyway."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalcryas Tarrlen Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 pm

"Who'd be the one who did that?" She chuckles "Now, dunmer, this is about the ledger right? I don't want to be the wrong person in the right place."

Nalcryas eyes the mead but lets out a long sigh at the arrival of an Argonian. Irritating folk but they did good work. "I'll let the dark mer handle subtlety."
Nalcryas Tarrlen
Nalcryas Tarrlen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 am

Kennek puts his mead down, tapping his claws against the table softly and slowly. He pushes it over to the altmer. "Like my kind or not, Goldie, we got Vigilants to take care of first. Take a swig, get a fire in your veins."

"Don't need no mer giving me crap because I got scales. We can brawl after." He grunts, looking at the dunmer. "You think anyone else'll show up besides the expected guests?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 am

A robed figure entered the inn, a glimmering spear in hand. Scanning the room, her eyes finally settled upon her companion sitting with an unsavory pair of figures.That must be the cavalry. Not quite as impressive as I had hoped.

Making her way over to the group in silence, Seeks seated herself next to Kennek, taking absolute care to avert her eyes from the Dunmer, the sight of whom made her blood boil. "Apologies for my tardiness. I had matters to attend to."

(OoC: Sorry I'm late! The last two days have been really busy for me IRL!)
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalcryas Tarrlen Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:45 pm

"I did a year down in the Black Marsh with the Aldmeri Expeditionary force. I respect yer kind but I don't trust any of you lot." She pushes the bottle back to him, grabbing a hidden flask from down on her thigh. "I've seen some poisons that made even my golden hide shiver, I don't want to risk it again"

She does a little growl. A response to the flask being empty. Another Argonian sits down, this one robed and probably female...

"Ain't that late." Nalcryas frowns at her, noting she wouldn't look at the mer. "Hope the matters were worth it"
Nalcryas Tarrlen
Nalcryas Tarrlen

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:29 am

Seeks eyed the Altmer coldly. "Perfection takes time. Meditation is required to bring my spells to maximum effectiveness."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:33 am

"Can't perfect what's already there, milady." Kennek takes a sip of his mead, swirling it around in the bottle and humming a tune.

"So. What should we discuss first?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:11 am

"Well, as I mentioned on the ledgers, I have some information on the Vigilants, taken from about six corpses, so I'm certain that it is legitimate." Nightshade stated calmly as he shifted to reach into a pouch on his belt, pulling out six sheets of identical paper. "Firstly, the Vigilants are in possession of three ledgers: one for experimentation, in the hands of some mage, one for observation held by their keeper, and one that they have taken off of another holder, which they just keep a hold of." The dunmer explained as he set a paper in front of each member of the group. The leftovers, he kept in front of him. Written on the papers was a simple message, each addressed to someone dead by Nightshade's hands.

The Keeper has informed us that a group of Daedric Worshippers are heading to Cheydinhal right now. You are to intercept any that you come across and kill them. Then, take the tomes of Herma-Mora that they carry and return back to the Hall of the Vigilant. The Mage is working on a way to completely destroy the tomes; he has one to work with. Do not fear the binding, for it will only be a matter of time before he finds a way. The Keeper, the Mage and Sister Vera already have accepted their bindings, and already, they have found a way to create isolated sections only for the eyes of the Vigilants. You will find further instructions there if you manage to get your hands on one of the Tomes.

Do not waver with the possession of these artifacts. We will destroy the blight of the Daedra in time. All we ask is patience.

A.Q

The dunmer continued to speak, ignoring whether or not the others were reading the papers or not. "Secondly, they mention their headquarters, the Hall of the Vigilant, as a place for them to reconvene after their mission. Naturally, our objective is to find this hall and kill everyone inside." There was a thin lipped, serenely cold smile on his face. "Simple enough."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm

"Looks like we'll be having company real soon." Kennek chuckled, looking the letter over. "You know, I think of all the sons of whores I've had to kill in my days, I'd say Vigilants are the second most satisfying."

"Stendarr's name taken in vain by a bunch of self righteous pricks..." Kennek spits on the ground, hissing from the back of his throat afterward. He turned his head to Seeks, reaching a hand under the table to gently pat her. The man knew that the Dunmer wouldn't be easy for Seeks to be near, but at least she was trying to remain calm.

"You'll light some folks on fire soon enough, Seeks."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Seeks nodded curtly in Kennek's direction and shifted her gaze to the note. "In that case, we don't have much time. I take it you have already gone over the city for optimum defensive positions, Dunmer?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 pm

"Not in the slightest." Nightshade replied with the smallest of frowns curled on his lips. "Too many people look at me strangely to do it efficiently and covertly; perhaps they fear black-cloaked mer. I have looked over a map, but that is nothing compared to actually walking the streets." His eyes shifted to look around the tavern.

"I have observed the surrounding streets, however, and this tavern. We are close to one of the few entrances in town, and if we set up an archer and a mage in the second floor of this building and the opposing apothecary, we might be able to create a good defensive line. Mind you, the fighters on the ground will have to watch two fronts. Any other position, we must search for now."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 pm

"The real question here," Kennek took another sip of his mead for but a moment before deciding to Oblivion with caution and taking a mouthful of the stuff into his gullet before swallowing, making something between a groan from the alcohol and a sigh of relief. "is how're we gonna handle the guards? Vigilants are well liked, and unless they attack us without a warrant - which they probably won't - we're gonna have to fight the damned guard and those religious nuts."

He ran a tongue along his sharp teeth, hissing and muttering something in Jel. "A distraction for the guard would be handy."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalcryas Tarrlen Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 pm

"I ain't staying back in some building while a fight goes on. I don't know how you folk, mer and beast, do this back home but I can probably rally up some soldiers to help. Hell, we plant some Talos stuff on them and we'd be in the right"

Nal leans back in her seat, boots on the table as she wobbles on her chair legs. "How 'bout that?"
Nalcryas Tarrlen
Nalcryas Tarrlen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm

"That would only matter if the Thalmor were about. Most guards honestly couldn't give two shits. I hear there is a delegation of Thalmor in town, but they mainly stay in the count's ho-" The dunmer paused, and then, there was a pleasant smile on his face. "If none of us have any qualms of involving innocents, perhaps we can use them. Plant Talos amulets in the Count's home. Once the Thalmor find out, it will prompt them to search the entire town. The guards will be busy keeping them from murdering innocent civilians, leaving us to kill the Vigilants." There was amusement in his eyes at the idea; it wouldn't be the first time he had done this, after all. But he had another thought, one he reluctantly shared.

"Of course, our alternate, more boring solution is to simply engage the Vigilants out of town. Use the nearby woods to kill them covertly out of sight, and the guards would be none the wiser."
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next