TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I

2 posters

Go down

[Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I Empty [Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I

Post by Reckoning Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:49 pm

The Vigilants have been hunting for a while for the illusive posters. Some, they have pursued for a long time. Others, they have only recently discovered the location of after weeks of searching.

Thankfully, one of their targets have finally been sighted. One, an altmer mage, was once spotted in the town of Morthal, and now the Vigilants of Stendarr were searching the surrounding area. They would need to research more about their target before pulling a ridiculous scheme to catch him, like they did the werewolf...provided they simply did not kill him and take his ledger.

Either way would work for them.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

[Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I Empty Re: [Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I

Post by Ekan Albaer Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Ekan Albaer quite simply burped as he stood there knee deep in a swamp. An excuse me was stated for nobody in particular as he was certain he was alone. Manners and all that. He sniffed then and spotted another one of his quarry, a swamp fungal pod. As he moved, he chomped down on another catch of the day, a mudcrab he had cooked several hours ago and was now thoroughly enjoying. Mmhhh, steamed mudcrab... oh gods, I'm going native... He stopped for a second, pondered that, and then shrugged. He could think on such matters later, right now there were fungal pods waiting.
Ekan Albaer
Ekan Albaer

Back to top Go down

[Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I Empty Re: [Skyrim, Near Morthal] When Men Attack Part I

Post by Reckoning Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm

If a mer burps in the middle of a swamp, and Vigilants are around to hear it, does that mean that the mer was very bad at hiding, or did he simply not believe people would be after him?

Well, the vigilant closest to the swamp did not bother to ponder the question. He simply took out an enchanted scrap of paper from the Ledgers, and wrote something down on it.

His fellows should have a similar message appearing on their scraps. They would know to come. For now, the scout pulled a bow off his back and prepared to keep an eye on his target.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekan Albaer Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Little changed over the next few hours, as Ekan had little else to do at the moment. Fungal pods were gathered and some more mudcrab was consumed. There was an exciting break in gathering the pods when three mudcrabs took offense to his presence but that was easily dealt with. The ability to light things on fire ended most fights Ekan Albaer had ever been in quite quickly. And then, just like that he discovered he had enough fungal pods for his purpose and so went on to the next activity, one he hated and loved in equal measures.

It was time to test new spells. He figured he would go with Rally for today as it was less likely to set things on fire and get him in trouble.
Ekan Albaer
Ekan Albaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Waiting for his companions to return was slow, and watching some idiot altmer gather a bunch of plants was tedious if not tiring. Still, he made sure to watch over the altmer, his bow ready in case of detection. The scout was slowly joined by his other vigilants and around the swamp, no less than five were scattered about, ready to attack on a signal.

All they had to do was wait for a good moment to strike.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekan Albaer Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

And then quite suddenly,

BOOM!

A very audible and yet very silent oh followed the explosion of fire. this is like Riften all over again... This time though, he was in a swamp, something he was now very glad for. It also had the benefit that there wouldn't be anyone around to see his mistake right? The altmer shrugged, it seemed he would be practicing fireballs sooner then expected.
Ekan Albaer
Ekan Albaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

To the Vigilants, it wasn't a simple botched spell, but an attempted attack. They jumped and thought that the mage realized they were there. "ATTACK!" One of them shouted, and three arrows flew at the Altmer, while two fireballs flew. Then the Vigilants charged, weapons raised.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekan Albaer Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Attack? Attack where...... owww owww owww owww Ekan changed his mind as he collapsed to his knees, two of the arrows in his left arm while all else flew by. This was infinitely worse then Riften. He forced himself up then, breath ragged due to pain, and started running at what he thought was a fast pace but was really slow due to arrows being in his arm. The destination didn't matter so long as it wasn't here where they shot you for a botched spell.
Ekan Albaer
Ekan Albaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 am

"STOP HIM!" A warrior roared as the Vigilants chased after the mage. One caught up quickly and swung a steel warhammer at the Altmer's back, while two more slowed and fired arrows. The mages prepared another set of spells, ready to let loose.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekan Albaer Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

The Altmer dropped like a rock, finding that this day had gone from reasonably good to downright horrible, as the warhammer smashed into the light armor that he wore. He didn't feel like trying to get up from that one anytime soon.
Ekan Albaer
Ekan Albaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reckoning Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 pm

The Vigilants surrounded Ekan, rather surprised he fell quite easily. They looked between each other, before one stepped forward and deftly lifted him onto his shoulder. "Come, we should keep him with the others. We'd need to confirm that this is one of the Ledger holders." He stated.

The others nodded and they walked off, carrying their prize.
Reckoning
Reckoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down