TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So. Weapons.

+11
Arla Neerus
Agrippina
Kestrel
Alicia Jornali
Sigismund
Amator Bellum
Amelin
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Nightshade
Asren Free-Spirit
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So. Weapons. - Page 2 Empty Re: So. Weapons.

Post by Eriikka Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:14 am

Well aside from improvised weaponry (because if I started listing all the junk I've used to hit people we'd be here all day) I prefer to use a pair of swords, twice the number of blades to dice people up with, and if you know what you're doing you can parry or deflect incoming attacks reasonably well. I also dabble with Conjuration magic, what's better than a sword? A sword your opponent can't knock out of your hand.
Eriikka
Eriikka

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 am

Illusion magic mostly, but I use it less as a weapon and more to get out of being arrested. I'm reasonable at destruction too, and if worst comes to worst I have a dagger.

Honestly though, if I've ended up in a fight with anything that's not an animal or bandits or similar, something somewhere has gone horribly wrong.

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Vortens Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 am

Bows are for peasants and elfs, axes are for farmers and heavy armour is for nobles with more brawn and money than common sense or skill.

Sigismund wrote:I don't like the big burly things they use up in Skyrim.

This fellow's got it right. While I loathe the Empire, their Legions do carry superb swords - far more suited for the cut-and-thrust of real combat than these oversized Nord bludgeons - that pair nicely with a well-made buckler or a dagger. I still have a certain nobleman's misericorde somewhere (a very pointed dagger, for the uneducated) and it has served me well over the decades. While curved weapons are normally only suitable for the deranged, they are quite useful at sea - although yes, that probably falls under 'deranged'.

In short, if it isn't pointy with at least one sharp edge, don't use it.
Regulus Vortens
Regulus Vortens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum