[Skyrim, Twenty Miles North of Falkreath (semi-closed)] Maps Suck

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Skyrim, Twenty Miles North of Falkreath (semi-closed)] Maps Suck

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Kennek had no idea where he was going.

The basic plan was to cross the tundra southwest of Whiterun, avoid wolf packs, saber cats, and the odd bear. If they were attacked, the group had a strong if unskilled Argonian, a Companion of Jorrvaskr, a cranky but powerful Argonian sorceress, not to mention a healer in the group, so they should have been fine. Giants and mammoths were always a problem, but as long as you left the things alone, they left you alone. News had been spreading of a bandit clan forming in the ruins of Fort Greymoor again, but they'd managed to pick off any stragglers that decided they were easy pickings.

One and a half days of walking, foraging for food, gathering wood for fires, coming across an odd iron ore vein, and even sneaking past a rather ornery giant's camp, they'd ended underground.

Now, sitting on a log looking at a map near a campfire, in a cave no less, Kennek scratched his scaled head. "How in Oblivion did we end up here?" He peered at the map and mumbled to himself. The cavern wasn't listed on any of the maps they had, and as a consequences probably wasn't thoroughly explored. The phosphorous glow of cave mushrooms gave the campsite an eerie green glow, and the light of day had long since disappeared as they began to survey the cave. "I mean, I followed the directions, took twenty paces past Secunda's Kiss - not an easy task considering the giants, mind! - and suddenly... cave."

"...honestly, this map was accurate when I got it." Kennek half sheepishly-half stubbornly proclaimed.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Skyrim, Twenty Miles North of Falkreath (semi-closed)] Maps Suck

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 am

A life without aspirations. Without goals. Nothing to keep her going. Seeks-Many-Secrets hated it. She didn't know what to do with herself, and now she was following some moron with no sense of direction with his quiet sex buddy-slash-alchemist and a drunk. A far cry from orcish war bands and hunting parties in the Black Marsh. She sighed and leaned her elbows onto her knees. "We couldn't just follow the road. You do realize that there are convenient signs to point you to any city you might want to go to, right?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 am

"Yeah, and there are also Thalmor patrols. You know, the people who want to murder us. Now, while I'm all for killin' Thalmor, I'm also more willing to do it when I have armor that's not wrecked." Kennek hissed, turning away from the woman as he tried to decipher the map. On the back, he'd used a piece of charcoal to map out the caverns so far. He'd guess they were at least a mile underground by now. "I don't get it, the map was completely legit. It's like something just... dug this. I really don't remember this place being here before."

The warrior curled his tail around a rock and gripped it firmly, his teeth gritting. "I hate maps. Hate, hate, hate maps." He narrowed his eyes, then growled and tossed the thing over his shoulder. Lesar didn't want to put out every since they left Whiterun, the Companion never shut up, and Seeks, attracted as he was to her, was so very bitchy all the time. It began to work at his nerves, and it showed. Despite being a bit less booksmart then most, he at least had a good head on his shoulders for the more practical matters in life. Lately, that began to slip. His swings were more sloppy with his warhammer, his skinning was more then a bit violent, and his language.

Well, let's not talk about the words he's picked up from Seeks.

He rubbed his bloodshot eyes, feeling amazingly tired at the moment.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm

"...alright, I admit you have a point. You're still an idiot, though. That map is obviously faulty."

Seeks wrung her fingers and began playing with a pebble. "Anyway. The way I see it, we have three options: we can go out and find another way to Falkren, we can sit here like lemons and slowly go mad while diving of starvation, or we can keep following that damn map of yours and see if this cave is more of a tunnel. Honestly, I don't give a shit which is chosen, as I don't have anything better to do and don't really care if I live or die at the moment. It's up to you and the rest of our merry band of misfits."

The ending had the slightest hint of sarcasm.
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

"Falkreath, Seeks. Jarl's an ass who thinks Blackbriar is good drinking, but it's home. Anyway, yeah, we're gonna continue on. See if this is some sort of path those giants dug up for some reason. Maybe there'll even be treasure to be... hopefully not Falmer or Dwemer treasure, mind." Kennek visibly shuddered at the thought. Dwemer animunculi were both an unknown to the man, as well as being extraordinarily deadly to people in his profession. As for the Falmer... well, the very thought caused him to shift a bit in his sitting position.

He gripped Seeks' shoulder protectively for a moment, then looked back at his companions. "But. Hey. I'm sure we'll be just fine. Just fine." His voice wavered a bit, a challenge he hadn't faced presenting itself. Leadership.

It was always hard to remember the burly man was barely into his twenties.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm

"Fine, then we go onward."

Seeks jumped as a hand went onto her shoulder. She looked over at Kennek. "...what are you doing?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:53 pm

"...you know." Kennek sighed, an almost hissing sound. "I could just be an ass an' say I was gonna cop a feel but missed. But I guess I'll just say it's... a habit, I guess? I'd grip a friend's shoulder if they were nervous. But... I guess you aren't? You're not as easy to read as a Nord." He shrugged his shoulder, taking his head off of Seeks and standing to his full height, hoisting his hammer up to one of his shoulders. "Sorry."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm

She punched him in the gut. "Well warn me next time, you prick! I don't like being touched without warning. Makes me... nervous."

She then paused, noticing now nervous he was. Such nerves weren't good for battle. "Ugh... fine. You can hold onto my shoulder if it makes you feel better. And only my shoulder."
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 pm

"No, no. We need to get movin'. Supplies ought to last us another week down here if it's really deep." Kennek nodded, looking at everyone. "Alright boys and girls, time to pack up. We're headin' deeper in, got it? Mead's on me if we all die." Kennek nodded, picking up the map and sighing inwardly. "Fall in, we're in for the long haul."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Harald_Drake-Eyes on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Axe on hip, shield on arm, and tankard in hand that was just fed from the wineskin roped to his side, Harald Drake-Eyes kept quiet but attentive, humming the odd song he picked up from one mead hall or another. "Say" he finally proclaims, pointing his tankard to Kennec's map. "Who did you buy that thing off of, anyway? I've heard rumblings of an up-and-coming forger runnin' from Cyrodiil 'round these parts."

NOW he tells us.

Harald_Drake-Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Seeks looked at Harlald, then back to Kennek. Then back to Harald. And back to Kennek once more. "Damnit! You can't trust everyone selling shit to you, Kennek. It's rule-number-Oblivion-be-damned-one! And you!" She turned back to Harald, "Could you not have mentioned this earlier!? We've been following this damned map for Malacath-knows-how-long, and you didn't think once to mention that there was a map forger on the loose!? Aaaagh! I'm surrounded by idiots."

She sighed. "Oh well. The decision has already been made. Onwards we go."

She cast magelight on her spear and started walking towards the unexplored portion of the cave. "Are you coming, or am I doing this alone?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Harald_Drake-Eyes on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Harald just shrugs. "I was lost in the moment, milady. A change of scenery and a cold drink will do that. But that was pleasure." With said drink all gone(again), he returns the tankard to his pack and arms his axe. "Now for business."

Harald_Drake-Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

"I hate maps."

With that, the party ventured forth into the depths of the cave, their brave leader hoping that something terrible wasn't lurking within the depths of the cavern.

---

Something horrible was lurking in the depths of the cavern.

Granted, one couldn't see what that something was quite yet, but one could certainly hear it. Clacking along the stone walls, the echo covering up what direction it may have been coming from. Hissing and chattering of teeth, the splashing of water as things moved across underwater streams. The sounds, for now, couldn't quite reach the ears of the party, but it appears that whatever lurked within the deep had noticed their arrival long before they would notice.

And the things that lurked were hungry.

---

Kennek grunted with effort as he made the attempt to safely descend his party down a sheer wall, holding onto a rope as his companions climbed down. His grip was firm, save for when someone tugged upon the rope twice - a sign for him to loosen up and give them more room. Kennek called down. "How's it looking down there?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesar on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Lesar Sesticus had not, at all, been planning for anything like this. Sure, she'd been in tough spots, before, but generally she avoided direct trouble. Who'd have thought that one attempt at a quickie would turn into... well, all of this. "Consequences of sex" generally did not include this sort of thing, by any means. She hadn't been able to get back into the mood since they'd been running, either. Even with all the attractive people they were walking with, there was just no inclination there. Probably wouldn't be again for a while. Not until they got to a less Thalmor-ridden part of the Empire. Her libido was fairly strong, but not nearly as strong as her will to live.

And pissing off Thalmor was not the best way to continue living.

So she'd gone on with them, avoiding speaking for the most part, considering her general lack of anything to say. She didn't get along well with people, generally. Why else would she have spent most of the past decade wandering around Tamriel all her lonesome? But these people made for at least decent company. And maybe they would find something in here to compensate her for her inability to gather ingredients around Whiterun. She wasn't hurting, but, well a girl had to make a living, now didn't she?

So that's where things stood as they continued through the cavern.

And Kennek was asking, again, what it was looking like. She wasn't exactly happy, so her answer was as short as it was sarcastic:

"Dark!"
Lesar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am

"Helpful." Kennek muttered. "See the ground yet?"

Kennek's grip still held fast, though some of his scales were beginning to come loose from what friction came from the ropes.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:51 am

The battlemage sighed and moved her magelight to the bottom of the abyss, lighting the base of the rope. "There. That better? Or would you rather see up here?
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 am

"Yeah, alright, that's fine. You all get down there, I'll... get down somehow." He nods, wincing as he felt a pain in his side, a familiar burning returning. Appears that the healing magic was beginning to wear off. "What can you see down there, Seeks?" Kennek crunched his eyes closed as he felt more of the pain returning.

Not now, dammit. I've got people to lead!
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Brilliant plan, she though, Have the half-blind woman look dow...

"What in Oblivion..?"

A black, chitinous creature skittered through the lighted area. "Shit. We have chaurus, people. Falmer can't be far."
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:07 pm

"...shit."

Kennek would have gone pale, had he the ability to. His eyes darted back and forth. "Alright... alright, I'll be down in a bit. Just get to the bottom ok?? I need to tie the rope to... to one of those rock things on the ground. The pointy things."

"...why didn't I do that in the first place?!" Kennek groaned. No no no no, people can't die like this.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Oh for the love of Dibella. She did not want to be stuck here. She did not want to be stuck in the godsdamned dark with godsdamned crazy-elves. She silently prayed to Talos and Arkay for aid as she moved in that direction. Damn. Damn. Damn.

"Get down here, soon! I don't want us to get separated down here!"
Lesar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Seeks slid down the rope after Lessar and readied her magic. "Everyone on guard. They'll be on us any sec..."

As she spoke, a charaus leaped from the dark and slashed at her.
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Ah fuck it.

In dropped Kennek, roaring like a madman as he suddenly slammed into the insect from above. He grunted as the thing writhed around, wrestling with the Argonian to the ground. A claw stabbed into the side of Kennek's wounds, causing the man to grunt in pain. Lifting his warhammer up, he smashed the thing directly on it's head, cracking the chitin and burning the monstrosity. Kicking the stunned thing off him, he gripped his side, blood pouring from the wound.

The thing hissed and spat poison at Kennek, the stuff seeping into the wound rather quickly.

"Damn... hurts." He stood, his knees shaking just a small bit as he gripped his hammer. "Seeks, Lesar... get... get behind me."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 am

Godsgodsgodsgodsgodsgodsgodsrunningrunningrunning were the thoughts in Lesar's mind. She didn't need to be asked twice, pulling herself behind the warrior and drawing her bow quickly.Within a second, a steel arrow fell in place and she released it with power into the creature's chest, immediately beginning to ready another.
Lesar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Meanwhile, Seeks readied her spear and fired a jet of flames from her free hand, sweeping it back and forth. The bugs, however, seemed to just shrug it off. "Damn, fire doesn't seem to be working. We'll have to do this the old-fashioned way!"

She then rammed her spear through the nearest charaus and then used its weight as a fulcrum to vault herself on top of another, kicking as she did so.
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 pm

"Use something other then fire!" Kennek knocked another charus away with his mighty hammer, steel cracking carapace and fire exploding within the creature. He kept Lesar behind him, ducking whenever she shot another arrow into the distance and keeping the monstrous insects away from her with his weapon. Things were going well so far.

That is, until he saw a rather large Charus about to pounce onto Seeks. "Look out!" Kennek roared out, charging forward and smacking the thing in it's midsection with his hammer. It barely seemed to give way even under the Argonian's strength and the impact of the hammer. The thing hissed and vomited poison onto Kennek - even if Argonians were immune to poison because of their heritage, it still burned on contact. It even began to eat away at one of his horns.

Still, he saved Seeks more trouble then she was having.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next