Another day, another Tavern [Bruma, Open]

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Another day, another Tavern [Bruma, Open]

Post by Arla Neerus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 am

"Oh? Where are you from anyways? Did I ask that already?"

She noticed he had finished his food and decided to ask. "Hey, are you done? Do you want anything else? I wouldn't mind a drinking partner tonight if you are going to be in town. It's been a bit lonely these last couple days especially."

She takes his plate, idly playing with a the left over bone. Her voice had an almost imperceptible high pitched whined. She did look like she needed a friend.
Arla Neerus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 am

A tight lipped smile formed on his face, but he merely shook his head. His response ignored the first question. No, I'm good for now. And I don't think I'll be staying in town for much longer. I'm just here to do a bit of business, then I'm leaving.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am

Kennek handed Seeks a mug of mead, patting her on the back softly. While he wasn't sure why he'd wanted to woo Seeks, take his time instead of just screwing like animals... well, there was just something about her. She was strong, stubborn, downright rude, and every now and than murderous like a true Nord woman. Yet he couldn't help but feel that she was different somehow. Maybe it had to do with the fact she was Argonian as well. Maybe he thought that Seeks needed someone to focus her. Maybe he was just afraid of what she'd do with a pair of sheep shears if he tried something too soon.

Still, least she seemed to respect him now. "Drink up, woman! There'll be meat soon, and we'll feast well this eve." Kennek shot her a grin, his sharp teeth showing. When she asked her question, he raised an eyeridge and looked around the bar - than spotted the fair haired maiden. "Hah! So it is! I'll be back in but a moment - may as well check on her." The large Argonian made his way over to Arla, a plated hand resting on her shoulder before patting her firmly on the back - a good, Nordic greeting. "Arla girl! Good to see you made it out of the cave alright! How's it been the past few weeks?" His tone was jovial and good natured, and he flashed her a grin of his teeth.

"Damn good to see you making an honest living."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

"Hunting business or business business. Because if business business is your business then I know a few places for business if you get my busines- I mean if you get my meaning." It was impossible not to pick up information on where people operated in the shadows while working in a bar.

"Arla girl! Good to see you made it out of the cave alright! How's it been the past few weeks?" The slap on her shoulder made her jump a little before looking back at the familiar voice.

"Kennek" Her lizard savior, she grinned "Thanks, it was pretty close there. And it's been good. No creepy Falmer, just creepy Vigilants or Stendarr. How are you?"

Needless to say, she didn't return the slap to the shoulders.
Arla Neerus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 am

"Ah, as long as you have nothing to hide from the Vigil, they won't hurt you; and you got me to protect ya if they come for ya." Kennek grinned, squeezing her shoulder firmly - not to harm her, but to reaffirm his statement. He looked back at Seeks and smiled at her. "As for me and Seeks, we made out good when we finished looting that ruin for all we could carry - a lot, by the way, and may our strength remain for many more years!" He raised his mug at his companion, cheering before knocking back the mug.

Wiping his mouth off, he continued his jovial grin. "Got us armor, weapons - she even learned a new fire spell! And we've got money to spare, so I've decided to show her a good time whenever we stop into a town - as it should be!" Kennek wrapped an arm around his female companion and squeezed her firmly, knocking her mug with his own. "What about you, Arla? What've you been up to?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

The dunmer had raised a confused eyebrow at the girl's words. An act of course, but he wasn't supposed to just drop his cover all willy-nilly. He was about to ask what sort of business the girl meant when an Argonian approached and started to chat with the girl. A welcome reprieve. He returned to his meal quietly, pretending not to be interested in their words. He didn't bother to leave, since, well, he sat here first.

He did, however, note the names. Arla, the barmaid, the argonian was Kennek, and his companion was Seeks. They mention Falmer, and realization came to him. They all held Ledgers. Well then, he thought as he slowly continued to eat at his stew, how interesting...and strange. He decided not to give himself away in any sort of sense. No need to add to the strangeness.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Meanwhile, Seeks chugged down her mead — which was surprisingly good for a Nord drink — and relaxed for a change. As she allowed the alcohol to seep into her bloodstream, the Argonian listened to Kennek and Arla's conversation. "I know your troubles, girl. The Vigils have been after me on and off over the years. A word of advice: If you think they're after you, go somewhere else. You can lose even the best tracker with enough distance and a little know-how."

Then came the massive log Kennek called an arm squeezing her into Oblivion. Were she human, her face would be bright red. "Really? Right here in public?" She drank another mug to stave off the embarrassment.
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:51 pm

"Ah, hush Seeks. You know you enjoy it!" Kennek laughed boisteriously, joyfully, one of the few times he's allowed himself any sort of joy in recent memory. Having wandered over the Jerall Mountains, and before that Skyrim's underground reaches, he had needed to be determined and grim, trying to be the leader that they needed.

Kennek grinned at Seeks, his Argonian features hard to read to anyone not os his kind - but damn if it wasn't something of a welcome sight. "Drink, be merry, loosen yourself up! Rounds on me for the rest of the night!"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:48 pm

"I don't actually fully understand why they chase down people. Something to do with Daedra?"

She thought over her rather minuscule knowledge of the Daedra. Some were bad, some were good, and all did things. But that was the point. They did real things. And didn't seem to hate people who worshipped the nine either.

She was about to ask Seeks more when Kennek said he was making it an open bar for the night.

"UMM...let me get my manager! I'll let him know." She hopped out of her seat and ran off to let him know.
Arla Neerus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Seeks looked at Kennek's goofy grin and couldn't help but laugh. "Fine, I'll play your games. But only if you swear not to try and take advantage of me in my impaired state." She smirked. He thinks I'm violent when I'm sober.

She then heard Arla mention Daedra and her expression turned sullen her voice monotone with a hint of fear. "What was that, girl?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:13 pm

His meal was finished, but he poured himself another glass of wine and drank from it silently. His book was out and his head was lowered, but Nightshade listened quietly; it wasn't like he had anything better to do anyways; his target was safely in Castle Bruma until morning.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:50 pm

"Seeks, I'm offended you'd even imply such!" Kennek punched the woman on the arm softly, showing his mock disapproval. "I might be raised Nord, but I ain't a savage. Fine woman like you needs to be courted proper." He grinned, finishing the rest of his mead.

"The Vigil of Stendarr are folks what think the God of Mercy wants them to kill Daedra worshipers, werewolves, vampires. That sort of thing, y'know?" Kennek looked at Seeks, knowing full well her affiliation with the daedra Malacath. "Don't worry, they won't give us trouble. I'll make sure of that." Kennek whispered, clasping her on the shoulder reassuringly.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Arla ran back over with a grin on her face and several bottles in her arms. Brandy, Mead, Wine, Ales, everything.

The owner nearly fell over when he had heard about the huge tab that would be coming and nearly forced Arla back out to the table to get them to purchase more.

She plopped down back beside Nightshade. "Have at it guys! Order all you want!" She grinned, scratching at her ears.
Arla Neerus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Nightshade took a glance at the light outside. Late afternoon, by now his target should be wandering the castle or getting ready to eat his meal. He pondered his course of action, deciding to change it for now. If he tried to assassinate him in the morning, he would be cutting it dangerously close. The dunmer stood up, slinging his glass bow over his shoulder. "It's too early in the evening for me to get drunk, unfortunately. I suppose I'll wander the town for now." He mumbled lowly, though he doubted anyone would hear him. He picked up his quiver of arrows, then departed the tavern. He'd have to do a bit of wandering before he could head over to the castle. Would look strange otherwise.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 pm

"No, that's not it. This just isn't a good place to discuss such..." Then, however, Arla returned with tidings of alcohol.

"We'll talk about it later. The girl obviously has some questions." She raised her glass, a hint of paranoia in her eyes, and cheered, "Wealth beyond measure!"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 pm

"And may our enemies lie broken before us all." Kennek clanked his mug against Seeks' own, downing a good part of his mead.

It was shaping up to be a good night.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on you on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm

How prophetic

The revelers may have been relaxing. Enjoying an evening among peers in their shack of a tavern, but others did not have time for such trivial pursuits.

Across the room the door creaked loudly as the setting sun illuminated the figure. Cowl pulled over his head and a cloak over his armored body, he strode in. Flanked by four others dressed in similar fashion.

"Barkeep..." The voice was a simple terse command.

"Yes sir?" The bartender moved down, leaning and scowling at the man.

"Something is on your hand"

"My han-"

His word was cut short by a mace whipping through the air and crushing the mans open hand.

"AUGGHHH! BY THE NINE MAN! FETCH THE G-"

His cry for help was ended by the mace catching his temple. A brilliant crimson spray now decorated the back board.

The group turned toward the patrons. Most began fleeing, only to be caught and either killed or subdued by the men.

The leader of the interlopers locked eyes with the group of party goers. The sun setting behind him.

He said no curse, no grand statement. He just simply began walking towards them. Anything he needed to say was being done via action.
Mercy on you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Kennek immediately pulled the warhammer off his back, swinging it with all his might into one of the attacker's heads, knocking it straight off the man's shoulders and clunking against the wall.

"You really wanna do this, fool?" He tapped his fingers against the handle of his hammer, cracking his neck. He brought the hammer up once again, glaring at the attackers, steel plate giving off a hint of the Nordic carvings on his armor from the candlelight.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 pm

The Dunmer was approaching the tavern now, and he could see people rushing out, screaming in fear. Surely drunken singing wasn't that bad, was it? He took a step inside and quickly saw that there were three cloaked figures, and a lot of bodies.

He said nothing as he brought his one hand up, flame appearing in his palm, and sent the fires to one figure. His other hand went for the two daggers on his hip and brought them up, catching one in his flame hand just after sending the fires. He had the burned one's attention, and the figure charged at him. He simply dodged a blow and gave one back. There was armour under the cloak, and he frowned slightly as he brought his other blade up and into the man's armpit.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

As soon as Arla saw her...now former employers head get caved in she immediatly began screaming.

She rushed as far back as she could, getting into the corner of the room. The smell of blood was fresh in the air, dilating her eyes.

She began whimpering as she huddled in the corner.
Arla Neerus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy on you on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm

The death of his fellow caused little reaction in the leader. He continued his advance, a slight aura beginning to glow around him. His flesh darkened and turned to stone. A grunt and he kicked a table into the group, the furniture speeding towards them unnaturally fast.

Outside, Nightshade found himself toe to toe with the Follower. His blade sliding through flesh and popping out the shoulder. He screamed as a light engulfed the wound.

His blade slipped out of the man as several more intruders began walking up. One holding out his palm as restorative magic flowed into his ally. The other hand stayed back, glowing green as power was kept in reserve.

There was no roar as the men, sans the healer, charged the Dunmer.

Inside, pandemonium began as two charged Kennek and Seeks, maces glowing with power as the Leader advanced, slowed but each step shaking the foundations of the tavern.
Mercy on you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Okay...Target the healer first. Got it. Nightshade thought to himself as he stepped back from the man he stabbed, grabbing him now by the head and yanking him as hard as he could, trying to get him into the path of his fellows. Then, he lobbed another fireball, this time at the healer, before he charged forth, ducking, dodging and weaving his way through the men towards the healer. He blocked whatever blows he could, parried others, maybe even countered once or twice, his blade catching one's throat and another's arm.
Nightshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:08 am

Kennek growled and smashed the table onto the ground with his mace, cracking the wood.

Set upon by an intruder, the argonian knocked a weapon strike back with his hammer, knocking the man across his face with the handle of the thing, it's great weight taking Kennek a while more to bring the hammer up above his head, smashing it down onto the man's spine.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:13 am

As the men charged Seeks, she roared and made a wide gesture, making a wall of flames rose from the ground. She then swiped the booze on the bar onto the flames and ran to her and Kennek's room. "Hold them back! I'm getting my spear!"
Seeks-Many-Secrets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 am

"This is why you carry that shit with you, Seeks- whoa." Kennek ducked under a sword strike, bashing the man in the ribs with the flat of his warhammer.

Ok so much for the good night thing, but that's life.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum