TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Daedra, Aedra, and Dragons

3 posters

Go down

RE: Daedra, Aedra, and Dragons Empty RE: Daedra, Aedra, and Dragons

Post by Akatosh Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 am

Okay, guys.

I intended the Daedric Princes to be something fun to play around with. This may be too soon to tell but Daedra are not the focus.

Your main concern should be your characters. Now this does not go out to all of you. Some of you are putting more focus on your O.C. (I hate that term, but it works here) than the NPC you are playing from already established canon.

Daedric Princes are intended to be rewards. An 'elite' member status. The reason I have been distributing them so liberally is because you guys are, by default, what would make up the 'veterans' if this thing lasted. God wiling, it will.

However, do not make me regret this decision. Because then I will take it away! Daedric discussions are fun, and I don't care if you have them. I obviously want them, or they wouldn't even exist. I do not want them to be the main focus. This has already kicked up some unholy manure. We should avoid that. So play as Daedra. Enjoy it! But do not focus on the Lords. Peryite might strike your fancy, but I'm more interested in Bolagthol Yog-Sburrugnurg, the Orcish Tapestry Weaver from Black Marsh. Or some crap like that, I don't know. Just make sure you are putting more effort into your characters than into, well, Bethesda's. We (Me) jumped the gun on distributing the princes. Should we (Arkay) decide we regret that, we (both of us) will strip you (you) of the title. We aren't afraid to. It comes with the territory, and we really do not want to piss you guys off.

IF you feel the need to revoke your princeship because you just think you won't be able to resist the temptation to not give a shit about your actual RP'ing and to only care about goofing off with immortal crazies (which is fun, don't get me wrong, just not the focus) then feel free to PM either me (Akatosh) or Arkay on those accounts.

Moving onwards;
Me (Akatosh, still) is headed off to Boot Camp sometime in the next year (I'll let you know).

This means I won't be around, in case you didn't know.

Since I know Arkay couldn't do everything on their own even if they wanted to (I certainly couldn't), we will be designating at least one new admin at the end of a month, provided there is steady growth. Who will this new admin be? I don't know. You don't know. They don't know. We are deciding. A few things to consider IF you want to be an admin;

Don't do any rule breaking or Jimmie Rustling.
Be a generally good RP'er and poster.
Be rational and act as a good example of how other members should.
Understand that you are not the only candidate, whoever you are, and that if you are not chosen it is not personal.
AND THE MORE YOU ASK, THE LESS I WANT TO MAKE YOU AN ADMIN. I have already had five of you recommend yourselves as the third admin. It's been less days than self endorsements. I'm not going to be persuaded just because you say "I SHOULD DO IT" several times.

DRAGONS:
I have yet to come up with a good solution to this. I don't know if they'd all be dead (being they don't go away when Alduin does, but this is a few years later) or if they'd all serve Paarthurnax (which leads to ambiguity as to whether or not he exists) or whether we should address the issue at all (surely attacks have become less frequent, almost rare, if the dragons are still around).

The one thing I do know is that it was decided that I should be responsible for the actions of the Dovahkiin. Well, I don't think we need that at all. So; I propose that dragons are a non-factor. Even if we do decide they still exist, the limits of their existence should be "the Kiin killed one" and I really do not believe that "I killed one" should ever happen. It just doesn't strike me as constructive.

Thanks for reading. If I missed anything, Arkay will probably mention it very soon. This isn't meant to hamper you guys in any way, but we would like to focus on the characters we write. We are all writers, all competent, and we should all take pride more in what we do than in what Bethesda does.

Also, the characterization for every Daedric Prince is not "asshole, evil, scheming". I mean, those are common traits, but not all there is to it.

Questions will result in the asker being launched via trebuchet into a large pool of bees. (or, alternatively, answered).

Akatosh
Akatosh
Admin

https://tesrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RE: Daedra, Aedra, and Dragons Empty Re: RE: Daedra, Aedra, and Dragons

Post by Arkay Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 am

Also on that note, it should really bother you guys that about 35 percent of our user base are the Daedric Princes. This forum is less than a week old, and we already have 13 of them.

And for some of you (you know who you are) you have posted more as your prince than as your actual character. Maybe its because we're just starting out, or Princes are just fun to roleplay. But seriously, If this trend continues, I will revoke Princes and leave you with your normal characters.

Do not ask, do not pander, do not beg to have a Prince or be an Admin. Akatosh screwed up before, I'm not going to let him again. From this point on, no one is getting a prince unless they deserve it. And we'll decide who deserves one. Evil or Very Mad
Arkay
Arkay

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 am

I, for one, say this is a very good idea. I your search for a good admin is a fruitful one.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Akatosh Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 am

Addendum:

The details of the Dovahkiin are to be laid out in the following post.

Misses D. was a female Nord, presumably a Skyrim native. She followed Hedvar after being attacked at Helgen, on a whim. The Empire won the civil war, as previously stated, so obviously she sided with them. She did not kill Paarthurnax. She married; presumably to someone with a sword. She became Harbinger of the Companions, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, sided with the Dark Brotherhood, killing the Emperor, took her place as a Nightengale, and did every Daedric Quest. She did every minor sidequest, usually siding with the option that does not involve wanton murder or idiocy. She did, however, kill Amound Motierre, because fuck that guy. I'm trying hard to think of more concerning issues that involved choices, but our Dovahkiin took every Daedric Artifact and all that, and is one of those that ends the game Skyrim (well there's no end but you know what I mean) with having pledged her life to about 30 different deities and afterlives including Sithis, Hircine, a trip to Sovngarde, and the like.

I think that covers everything. If not, I'm sure I'll hear it from you guys anyway.
Akatosh
Akatosh
Admin

https://tesrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:36 am

At the risk of sounding like a massive hypocrite, there are a lot of Daedra. Since they cannot interact with the rest of the community except in special circumstances, it means that they tend to divert attention away from the rest of the boards. Not a problem, if the players are as active with their non-Daedra characters as they are with their Princes. But if there is too much focus on the Daedra, then it results in activity being leached from Apocrypha/Mundus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkay Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Update on the Daedric Prince Situation

Since a lot of people have apparently left the site, we have several Daedric princes with no one actually playing them or the characters associated with them.

Because of this, I am going to start deleting Daedric princes, and quite possibly disable the Prince forum. If anyone wants to keep their prince, please inform me via PM and you will be spared the purge. However, you will also be agreeing to post on the site more often as your normal character.

Once activity picks up again, Princes may be given out once more and allowed their forum. But as it stands, they're just there, empty and doing nothing.
Arkay
Arkay

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkay Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 pm

As of today, I am going to start deleting the Daedric princes. I will delete all but those who requested that they keep theirs.

The following Daedric princes have been deleted:
Clavicus Vile
Boethiah
Mephala
Sanguine
Azura
Malacath
Molag Bal
Vaermina

And a few more that I can't remember right now. I only kept three at the request of their owners. If you come back and realize that your deadric prince has been deleted without your permission well...too bad, I gave you all a month to check back here and say that you want to keep your prince. If you want them back, you're going to have to apply again at a later date when I make an application form.

As there are now only three Daedric princes. I will allow Daedric Princes to post in the ledgers with the tag [Daedric Princes] This is an indication to other posters that the thread is only for Daedric interactions, and they will be free to read for all, but not to post in. I have locked and hidden the Daedric board, and when we get our numbers for Daedra back up, those will most likely be moved there. (If I can figure out how.)
Arkay
Arkay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum