TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?"

+3
Kestrel
Arla Neerus
Akatosh
7 posters

Go down

Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?" Empty Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?"

Post by Akatosh Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 pm

This is a combination FAQ and ask whatever questions you want thread. This is fairly fresh; most of us have experience with CDN, TCB, Orkinet, or similar. The idea here is a fresh, Elder Scrolls based play-by-post RP.

FAQ section!

QUESTION ONE:
Q:Who the hell are you and why in the name of a floppy disk should I care?
A:I am CD. That stands for Captain Dharma. I would think of a better screen name, but eh. I play a good amount of characters on CDN, ten or twelve I think. Play is used here loosely. I'll be the admin, as well as playing Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Lord of all knowledge (especially the juicy, forbidden stuff).

QUESTION TWO:
Q:Fine! But what makes this different from CDN, huh?
A:Good question. For starters, the setting, obviously. That one should have been obvious.

THE SETTING IS TAMRIEL, IN THE FOURTH ERA, YEAR 204. THE DOVAKHIIN WAS SUCCESSFUL IN HIS PURSUIT OF ALDUIN.
IT WAS DECIDED THAT THE EMPIRE WON THE CIVIL WAR OVER SKYRIM.

To follow the obvious setting difference, there is also a slightly different attitude.

On CDN, there is a spoken credo that you do not break the norm. You are not exceptional. No snowflakes.

THIS IS GOOD. THIS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AS WELL.

However what this means is;
"I am best friends with Jarl Balgruuf!" is out of the picture.
"I spoke to a priest of Arkay; he said good things were coming." is fine!
"I am a priest of Arkay! I hear him directly! I am so blessed!" would be acceptable, mostly.
"I AM SHEOGORATH!" would be okay if I decided you should be a mod and I approved it.

THESE ALL MUST BE APPROVED
ALL OF THEM
EVERYTHING
APPROVED

Okay. That should be good.

QUESTION 3:
Q:DO I HAVE TO START IN PRISON
A: Man, I don't care. Start wherever. That was just a thematic reference to how every Elder Scrolls game begins with you being incarcerated.

Question the Fourth:
Q:Can I be a mod?
A:Ask me personally<3 Not unless you earned it and BOTH Admins agree.

Question 5:
Q:Do birthsigns and races matter?
A:Well, yeah. There are some racially tense places. Argonians shouldn't expect friends in Morrowind (what's left of it) nor would Nords get the warmest welcome in Cyrodiil, or Orcs getting very friendly reception anywhere. Combat related stuff can be handled in anyway desired so long as it isn't "JIM THE ARGONIAN KILLED ALL THE BAD GUYS WITH SHOUTINGS."

HOLY SHIT THAT REMINDS ME

Question 6:
Q: Can we has thu'um?
A: If your character would have logically spent the time with the Greybeards needed to learn it.

LORE IS ADAPTIVE AND I WILL MAKE ANY CHANGES NECESSARY.

Now, I'm sure I forgot a lot of stuff. GOOD. ASK IT. RIGHT NOW. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE AN APPROVED CHARACTER

JUST ASK

I'LL ANSWER

GOOD?

GOOD.
Akatosh
Akatosh
Admin

https://tesrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?" Empty Re: Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?"

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Where are we? Skyrim? Imperial City? BALMORA? WHERE?!
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?" Empty Re: Q&A and "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS NONSENSE?"

Post by Kestrel Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:58 pm

What's the policy of characters that are half something, half something else? Would one parent being Nord and the other an Imperial be acceptable, for example?
Kestrel
Kestrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

Established Factions: Did the Dovahkiin do anything with them? Status of the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Companions, College of Winterhold/other Mages factions?

Are we allowed to join? If so, are we allowed to interact with canon characters?

...are we allowed to rp canon characters?
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Akatosh Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 am

Where are we? Skyrim? Imperial City? BALMORA? WHERE?!
It doesn't matter! Sincerely, play wherever you want. Obviously the more in one place (Imperial City) the more likely to RP with them. But if you want to have a character living in Solstheim or Anvil or, hell, anywhere! Though I do request it stays on Tamriel, because it'd just be a pain in the ass to make up something new about, like, the Akaviri continent.
What's the policy of characters that are half something, half something else? Would one parent being Nord and the other an Imperial be acceptable, for example?
There are many biracial characters in the game and the consequences seem to be mostly moderate. More openly racist places (Windhelm, maybe) might not be as accepting.
Established Factions: Did the Dovahkiin do anything with them? Status of the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Companions, College of Winterhold/other Mages factions?

Are we allowed to join? If so, are we allowed to interact with canon characters?
I'm gonna go two different ways with this one;
Mister Do Vahk Iin did every mission in Skyrim. Every single one. Also they weren't a dick, so anyone who could have been left alive was, with exceptions that may go case to case. I never finished the Thieves Guild so I'm not entirely sure what the story is, but for the Brotherhood another sanctuary would be preferable, and for the Companions interaction with the Harbinger can be avoided (same for the Archmage).

As far as interacting with canon characters; so long as it's careful. No writing stories about them, and keep it to a minimum. If they're your boss (as they should be) treat them as such, without much interaction.
Akatosh
Akatosh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akatosh Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Mods have the power to approve, and RP as Daedric Princes.

And moderate. I mean, obvious stuff.
Akatosh
Akatosh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks again for allowing me to play my fave prince <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 pm

The Hunt for rule breakers and unapproved characters shall be glorious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ineri Mencele Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 am

With regard to bi-racial characters, it is noted in-universe that you are your mothers race, but may pick up traits relating to your fathers race.

Example: Dunmer with nordic father could have lighter skin and a less-pronounced/absent brow ridge. One with an Imperial father may have extremely pale skin and a less pronounced ridge as well. A Khajiit father (theoretically possible) would leave little discernible effect.
Ineri Mencele
Ineri Mencele

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 am

I honestly didn't know there were laws on hybrids in TES. Learn something new every day, I suppose.

EDIT: Other than the Bretons, of course, which are stated to be half-elves.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 am

Half elf is a term for it. Bretons aren't really Half Elves, not first Generation ones anyways.

Bretons are the results of Nord and Imperial women becoming slaves to Elves. They have children that are Nord or Imperial and their children are nord or Imperial with Elf features. Those children eventually have another child with elves and down the line it goes until you start seeing a conglomeration of Elf Features. It took a long time for Bretons to get where they are, same with the Bosmer which are Elf mothers and human fathers.

There aren't any first generation Half anything.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am

For clarification: I didn't mean directly borne of man and mer, but the closest thing to a half-elf in common TES lore.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Is Helgen still a bandit infested wreck or has it been reclaimed and (partially) rebuilt by the Empire?

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum