TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TELL US ABOUT HOME

+11
Jalum-Ek
Asren Free-Spirit
Sigismund
Nightshade
Kestrel
Alicia Jornali
Calith
Azim Dekshari
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Amator Bellum
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TELL US ABOUT HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: TELL US ABOUT HOME

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 pm

You have been to the Imperial city too? I went once! How was your trip? Did you see a fight? When was yours?
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 pm

IF SO TELL US ABOUT THE FIGHT
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Wait, my fight or hers?
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 pm

YES

ALSO CHORROL IS A LOVELY PLACE

MANY BEAUTIFUL GIRLS

DAMN TREE IS HARD TO CLIMB

AND THE GUARDS DON'T LIKE IT
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 am

Well thank you!

Well I saw a fighter Fight a lot of slaves and animals all at once. I think I wrote this down before.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 am

YOU DID BUT FIGHT STORIES INTEREST ME NONETHELESS
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 am

But I already wrote it!
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 am

I have visited the Imperial City but once, and not under charitable circumstances. I was there in my official capacity as a Justiciar of the Dominion so my reception was less than amiable. It is a shadow of its former self, much like the very empire it embodies. Nonetheless, I can appreciate why it is held in high esteem throughout the Imperial demesne. It is impressive in size alone.

Nonetheless, I prefer Alinor, which will undoubtedly eclipse the Imperial City in the coming century, as the Dominion eclipses the Empire.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Vortens Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:28 am

Home? Home's a pit. A dump. There's nothing left for me there.

Nice countryside, though. Prettiest part of High Rock, even if it's marred by my family.

Imperial City's always interested me - what's it like? Is it really as glorious as people keep saying?
Regulus Vortens
Regulus Vortens

Back to top Go down

Post by Calith Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Agrippina wrote:Dominion eclipses the Empire.

And to think you wonder just why the Dominion draws such ire from the owners of these tomes.
You were asked for you opinion on the city, not requested to spout more Thalmor nonsense.
Calith
Calith

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 pm

IMPERIAL CITY IS PERFECT EXCEPT FOR SOMETIMES PESTS LIKE RATS (SKEEVERS WHAT THEY CALL IN NORTH)
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Calith wrote:And to think you wonder just why the Dominion draws such ire from the owners of these tomes.
You were asked for you opinion on the city, not requested to spout more Thalmor nonsense.
The owners of these tomes have poured filth upon my people and my homeland - why should I care for injuring their imperial pride?
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:22 pm

IT IS BECAUSE YOU KILLED TALOS OR WHATEVER

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THAT
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:12 pm

They Didn't kill him, they just made it illegal to worship him blatantly.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

They made it illegal to worship him at all.
Kestrel
Kestrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Kestrel wrote:They made it illegal to worship him at all.

Technically true, but for the most part in the Imperial Community (at least I know it was this way in Skyrim) Private Shrines were still allowed. It was only when Ulfric started his shenanigans did the Thalmor and Empire have to step in and enforce the Concordat. At least that's how Ma described things.
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeah, and I don't think there are that many people that say "By the eight!" I always hear by the Nine.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Calith Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Agrippina wrote:The owners of these tomes have poured filth upon my people and my homeland - why should I care for injuring their imperial pride?

Because they are not attempting to convince others to be accepting of an altmer supremacist dominion. One which has attempted to rewrite history and destroy another race's established religion due to the brused ego of its rulers.
The pouring of filth seems to be limited mostly to the thalmor, not the homelands they originate from or the ones they rule over.
Calith
Calith

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Vortens Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Calith wrote:Because they are not attempting to convince others to be accepting of an altmer supremacist dominion.

No, the Empire merely orders people to accept a noble supremacist dominion. It's open to every species and race, as long as you've got some shitty little title in front of your name.
Regulus Vortens
Regulus Vortens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Regulus Vortens wrote:
Calith wrote:Because they are not attempting to convince others to be accepting of an altmer supremacist dominion.

No, the Empire merely orders people to accept a noble supremacist dominion. It's open to every species and race, as long as you've got some shitty little title in front of your name.
At least they're subtle about it.

And with nobles, you can always snipe them from the rooftops if they begin to make too much trouble... wait, no, that's illegal in other provinces, nevermind.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 am

Calith wrote:Because they are not attempting to convince others to be accepting of an altmer supremacist dominion. One which has attempted to rewrite history and destroy another race's established religion due to the brused ego of its rulers.
The pouring of filth seems to be limited mostly to the thalmor, not the homelands they originate from or the ones they rule over.
It is I who rewrites history, and not the purveyors of the revisionist drivel that portrays the Empire as an egalitarian utopia, universally accepted by all? I was content to leave politics alone. It was only when I grew tired of the racist opprobrium directed against myself and my kin that I had the 'audacity' to voice my own opinion and challenge the falsehoods of others. You accuse us of fostering a 'supremacist dominion'. What does that make the Empire - a democracy? Tell that to the Nords of Skyrim, who chafe under Imperial occupation. Tell that to the people of Cyrodiil, who live in thrall to a clutch of aristocrats whose avarice is inversely proportionate to their ability.

I will not restrain myself from speaking the truth simply to avoid damaging your sensitivities.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Vortens Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 am

Alicia Jornali wrote:And with nobles, you can always snipe them from the rooftops if they begin to make too much trouble... wait, no, that's illegal in other provinces, nevermind.

Hah! I like your style, Ms. Jornali.

Agrippina wrote:You accuse us of fostering a 'supremacist dominion'. What does that make the Empire - a democracy? Tell that to the Nords of Skyrim, who chafe under Imperial occupation. Tell that to the people of Cyrodiil, who live in thrall to a clutch of aristocrats whose avarice is inversely proportionate to their ability.

And yours, Ms. Agrippina. I've dealt with the Thalmor in the past, and should the opportunity ever present itself, you know to whom to write.
Regulus Vortens
Regulus Vortens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Regulus Vortens wrote:
Alicia Jornali wrote:And with nobles, you can always snipe them from the rooftops if they begin to make too much trouble... wait, no, that's illegal in other provinces, nevermind.

Hah! I like your style, Ms. Jornali.
No, seriously, it's legal. The Morag Tong handle legalized assassinations of members of the great houses, mostly to prevent outright inter-house warfare.

And it works. Which is good, considering how poorly the houses get along at the best of times...
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Vortens Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Alicia Jornali wrote:No, seriously, it's legal. The Morag Tong handle legalized assassinations of members of the great houses, mostly to prevent outright inter-house warfare.

And it works. Which is good, considering how poorly the houses get along at the best of times...

By the Nine, why aren't I in Vvardenfel?

...what's their policy on murdering the occasional member of the Imperial nobility?
Regulus Vortens
Regulus Vortens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Regulus Vortens wrote:
Alicia Jornali wrote:No, seriously, it's legal. The Morag Tong handle legalized assassinations of members of the great houses, mostly to prevent outright inter-house warfare.

By the Nine, why aren't I in Vvardenfel?

...what's their policy on murdering the occasional member of the Imperial nobility?
Still illegal; they're not a member of a great house. Now, if they were to join one (not likely, but possible in theory) they'd be fair game.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum