TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Cyrodiil] The Lesser Evil

3 posters

Go down

[Cyrodiil] The Lesser Evil Empty [Cyrodiil] The Lesser Evil

Post by The Salamander Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm

The Argonian sat on a bench in the middle of the town square. The morning light was weak and grey from the overcast sky, but it was enough for him to read his book by. He slowly leafed through the pages, not even glancing at the pair of wary Imperial guards that flanked him.

"Must you stand so close? You're getting in my light." He was more than a little miffed with them. Despite his most polite requests they had still taken his sword. Even after he'd carefully explained that he didn't even need it to cause damage, if that was what they were worried about. Bureaucrats. Hopefully those two would be along shortly to end this farce.
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

[Cyrodiil] The Lesser Evil Empty Re: [Cyrodiil] The Lesser Evil

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Something resembling his deliverance from it all came in the from of a massive Nord hefting a warhammer over her shoulder, her shield at her back, and a broadsword at her hip along with a hand-axe and several types of daggers. Her horse carried the rest of the haul in a pouch slung over its saddle, carrying all manner of equipment inside. The Nord was leading the horse along on foot, a Bosmer following in tow, and when she spotted the argonian in hooded armor, no doubt the man 'hiring' the unlikely mercenaries, she approached over.

"We're here for the lizard." She addressed the guards. A giant Nord and a Bosmer come for an argonian. This wasn't at all a surreal image.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Amelin had brought along her bow and a quiver of arrows of course. Though given the possibility of close combat, had elected to bring along a shortsword in addition to her twin daggers.

First it was Dwemer machines, then a fort full of Forsworn, if our luck's an indication, we might as well be dealing with a damned dragon. She mused as the pair approached the Argonian and the guards flanking him.
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:01 pm

"Oh good. It's about time someone took him off our hands-"

"She means helping me. With your little problem."

"Oh." The guard scowled. He and his compatriot stepped aside for a moment, leaving the Argonian alone. Said Argonian carefully placed what appeared to be a dried flower between the pages as a bookmark and closed the book, slipping it away. He peered up at the giantess.

"I don't think you brought enough sharp things, giant woman," he rasped.
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Asren glanced down at the argonain and gave a smirk. "Aye, that's what the hammer's for." She peered over at Amelin and motioned her over. "I am Asren, my companion is Amelin, guess you're the guy we were called over here judging by the guards." She mused dryly, glaring at the guards to back off.

"Anyways, shall we be off or do the townsfolk think my friend and I aren't enough to supervise you?"
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Hope they don't realize how we got his missive Amelin thought as Asren introduced them for them both.

"If I can ask a question, why do you believe the Argonian is in someway responsible for whatever has been attacking this village?" She asked the guards.
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm

"We don't," one of the pair replied to Amelin vehemently. "But he left three dead men in a tavern the day he arrived. We're just encouraging him to perform a public service to help clear his name."

"Is that what they call it these days? Slavery has such a nicer ring to it," the Argonian remarked. He stood up, brushing some dust off his lightweight black armour. As he raised his eyes to look at the tall Nord woman, his face came into view. More specifically, the side that had been so badly burned that the shape of his lips in the corner of his mouth had been changed.

"I believe we were going to discuss payment?"
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Asren had not been expecting the burns, but she blinked back her surprise stoically. She nodded and craned her neck side-to-side, a crack audible as the tense appendage relieved some stiffness from travel.

The Argonian barely came up to Asren's collarbone, much less her chest. She still towered over both him and the guards, something she found slightly amusing at times.

"Aye, we were. But not here." She craned her head at the guards, not wanting to discuss it with prying eyes around. Asren tilted down and whispered "Not with those two around." to the Argonian.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Amelin wasn't sure if the guards would be willing to let a possible murder suspect be with two strangers, though the presence of a tall, muscular Nord would hopefully be enough to persuade otherwise.

Then again, something wrong will likely happen, as always. She thought.
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

"Fine. But we'll be watching you." The pair of guardsmen crossed the village square, putting themselves well out of earshot from the trio. Still, they cast more than a few suspicious glances their way.

"Unfortunately I have little in the way of coin to pay you with," the Argonian said. "I do have certain skills, though, if you are interested."
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Asren glanced to Amelin for a moment. "What do you think?" She asked the Bosmer, already weighing the options herself of letting Salamander tag along with them when this was over.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 pm

So, their employer could only give at best, token pay for their services. To compensate, he offered himself as a traveling companion.

On one hand, having an extra pair of hands certainly wouldn't hurt, and the Argonian certainly knew what a fight was, if the burns were an indication. On the other, they barely even knew him, and there's the matter of having been attributed to the murder of three people, even if his word of innocence was true.

"One thing at a time." She said "I'd like to see just how capable he really is first."
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 am

"I assure you, I am more than capable." The Argonian stood, clasping his gloved hands behind his back. "Of course I'll need to stop and get my sword back before we leave, but it's not essential."

He glanced between the pair. "Of course care will need to be exercised. Much as I would like to spend our journey behind the two of you, I'd rather not burn you in the crossfire."
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

Asren shrugged, nodding after a moment. "We can at least give him a blade." Of course convincing the townsfolk, the slime they were, to return the man's sword was going to be a heroic feat in of itself.

The Nord shrugged, craning her head towards Amelin again. "Well, my associate and myself will think on it, assuming we make it out of this alive." She said to the Argonian at last. "Now who's head must I punch in to get your blade back, oh mighty mage?" She asked sarcastically, deep down wondering if things would actually come to that.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 am

Because antagonizing a bunch of armed men is certainly going to work. Amelin thought as she rolled her eyes. Then again, she had a hunch this "militia" didn't seem to have the most noblest of tendencies at heart.

"I suppose we could speak to whoever is in charge, if there is one."
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 am

"I think the punching in of heads would cause more problems than they solved. I may just change my stance once I'm allowed to leave, however."

The Argonian turned, setting his mouth in a grim line. "They might be able to point us in the right direction," he said dryly. He was facing toward the village blacksmith. Who was speaking to two rather burly-looking men. Who were themselves carrying a sheathed sword, holding it up to the blacksmith and talking to him. No prizes for guessing what they were discussing.

"I really liked that sword."
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Asren was content to let the Argonian handle his own personal affairs here, sitting back and watching them as she idly drummed her fingers on the grip of her warhammer.

"He kind of did." She chimed in, shrugging.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Amelin on the other hand approached the guards alongside the Argonians."So it would probably be in everyone's best interests if you were to give it back to him." She said "Having an extra swordhand here shouldn't hurt."
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Salamander Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 am

The man holding the Argonian's sword simply scowled, refusing to relinquish the weapon. "The lizard's a killer. What's it matter to us if he gets offed by some troll?"

His friend tapped him on the shoulder. "He can throw fire," came the muttered warning. They both took half a step back, staring warily. The Argonian's hands, however, were both clasped behind his back.
The Salamander
The Salamander

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 am

"For one, he's our problem. Two, I don't see you all forming a militia just to go deal with this, so if you're going to sit on your arses and insult people who are helping you, fine, but give the lizard his bloody sword." Asren was loosing her patience, and as she glared over at the guards the giant Nord strode forwards. "He can throw fire, yes, but fighting trolls in close quarters is ugly work. He'll need the extra steel."
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

"Look at it this way, you get an extra pair of hands to deal with your little troll problem, which could very well mean the difference between you and your friends living or dying by the next day." Said Amelin. "Who knows, perhaps you'll luck out and the Argonian dies in the attempt, solves both problems, does it not?"
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down