TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes on Daedric Summonings

+11
Sigismund
Agrippina
Amelin
Azim Dekshari
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Amator Bellum
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Jalum-Ek
Alicia Jornali
Arla Neerus
LadyOfBruma
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Notes on Daedric Summonings - Page 2 Empty Re: Notes on Daedric Summonings

Post by Agrippina Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I am Agrippina, Justiciar of the Dominion.

I fear you are afflicted with unimaginable hubris if you believe - even hopelessly - that you may yet summon the Daedric Princes as if they were domestic pets. These are entities as old as Tamriel itself. They are powerful beyond comprehension; we cannot even begin to understand their form or purpose. They may not be Divine, but they are nonetheless unparalleled amongst the mortal realm. No good can come from attempting to exert influence over them. The last man who sought to summon the elder Daedra nearly damned us all to Oblivion.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm

A few. Generally the one's who's demands were not too onerous. The worshipper's are generally happy to discuss their deity's if you are sincere enough in your questioning. The sane one's anyway.

The shrines of Mora and Azura were especially pleasing to visit. The worshippers of Mora understand the pursuit of knowledge, and the Azurites are always pleasant enough to me.

As for you, Justicar, I am well aware of the consequences of the oblivion crisis. I also remember that Camoran was a mer, not man, so I suggest you re-read your history. But then again, you Thalmor are always so quick to reject a reality that does not suit your petty agendas.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:09 pm

I used man in the literary sense, not in the technical manner.

For one who accuses another of rejecting reality, you seem eager to brush aside the near-catastrophe that was the Oblivion Crisis simply to satiate your curiosity. It is one thing to research a theory. It is another to perpetrate such actions that could result in our world once more being overrun by the Daedric hordes. Undue curiosity is dangerous. There are avenues of our existence which cannot be explored. The repercussions are too great to justify any potential benefits.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:29 pm

With the proper utilization of the scientific method, you can always find a beneficial source of information. There is nothing to be gained in ignorance. And the sheer difference between myself and Camoran is astronomical. He had the aid of his mad god to assist him, and had an agenda to reshape the world as he saw fit.

Consider this, Justicar. What if, in the future, we have another Mankar Camoran? Or Mehrunes Dagon finds another means of bringing about his desired destruction to Mundus? Do we hope that Akatosh will appear again, in a crash of blood and fire, and save us all once again? Or do we have a means of defending ourselves, because we have since then improved our greater understanding on the divides between us and Oblivion?

My research may well one day lead me to the answer that could very well save existence. Or, it will lead to nothing. Either way, I improve our greater understanding of the universe.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Summoning Daedra?

Never seen it turn out well. Most of the time it usually just blows up in the poor sods face. So good luck with that. I hope you don't become some god's plaything.
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I once knew a Altmer who could summon a Dremora to fight at his side. He was killed in the great war after trying to summon two at once. They joined his enemies in ripping him apart; it was quite amusing to see him screaming orders at them as they killed him.

I have never met any conjurer who was not eventually ripped apart either by their ambitions or their summons. I do hope you break this pattern without damning everyone.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Nightshade wrote:I have never met any conjurer who was not eventually ripped apart either by their ambitions or their summons. I do hope you break this pattern without damning everyone.

Don't hold your breath; it's more likely that the Thalmor convert to worship Talos.

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 pm

I was more hoping that she would quit while she was ahead...but I suppose that is ridiculous in itself.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Sigismund wrote:Summoning Daedra?

Never seen it turn out well. Most of the time it usually just blows up in the poor sods face. So good luck with that. I hope you don't become some god's plaything.

Not going to happen.

…

Out of curiosity, is that what you really look like?

Nightshade wrote:

I have never met any conjurer who was not eventually ripped apart either by their ambitions or their summons. I do hope you break this pattern without damning everyone.

You must not have met very many then. And everyone knows that you should never summon more than you bind in a combat situation. Your friend allowed his fear to guide him.

I shall not make the same mistake.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:28 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:
Out of curiosity, is that what you really look like?

Out of curiosity, why should I tell someone in a book, which is likely a Daedric artifact, who is claiming to be trying to summon Daedra what I look like?
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by Calith Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:You must not have met very many then. And everyone knows that you should never summon more than you bind in a combat situation. Your friend allowed his fear to guide him.

I shall not make the same mistake.

It's safer to summon weapons and armour. They tend not to turn on you quite so often.
Calith
Calith

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:I shall not make the same mistake.
You have already repeated their greatest mistake: assuming you can master the unmasterable.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Sigismund wrote:

Out of curiosity, why should I tell someone in a book, which is likely a Daedric artifact, who is claiming to be trying to summon Daedra what I look like?

Well, to clarify, I' actually summon daedra on a daily basis. And if you did tell me, all I would say in response is that I think you look handsome.

Clearly I'm up to some nefarious plot in doing so.

Calith wrote:It's safer to summon weapons and armour. They tend not to turn on you quite so often.

Indeed. Its a pity most mages lack the training to properly utilize them, and let the power be enough when they use it.

Believe me when I say that a little extra training can make a conjurer all the more dangerous.
Aggripina wrote:You have already repeated their greatest mistake: assuming you can master the unmasterable.

I assume nothing. I am stretching my horizons, learning what I am capable of, then cautiously applying it into real life scenarios, and documenting it for the world. So that what I learn is not completely dismissed by willing ignoramuses like your self.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:11 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:...Clearly I'm up to some nefarious plot in doing so.

Actually, that is a popular sort of tactic for thieves and assassins to get close to their targets. You see that often in Riften and in major cities.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Azim Dekshari Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Nightshade wrote:

Actually, that is a popular sort of tactic for thieves and assassins to get close to their targets. You see that often in Riften and in major cities.
Is talking to someone vaguely through an enchanted artifact really the best way to get close to a target, however? 'Twould be easier to just kill the person in question.
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:

Well, to clarify, I' actually summon daedra on a daily basis. And if you did tell me, all I would say in response is that I think you look handsome.

Clearly I'm up to some nefarious plot in doing so.

Considering the last woman who said I was handsome tried to eat my face a moment later.

Damn Vampires...
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:24 pm

You people are impossible.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Azim Dekshari wrote:
Nightshade wrote:

Is talking to someone vaguely through an enchanted artifact really the best way to get close to a target, however? 'Twould be easier to just kill the person in question.

If you had no other options, I suppose so. But I'm just saying. People who compliment others may have ulterior motives like stabbing them in the back. Or worse, trying to get into a relationship..

LadyOfBruma wrote:You people are impossible.

We do our very best.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 am

Do our very best at what? being impossible? That seems like it would just cause issues. Lets try and be more possible
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Arla Neerus wrote:Do our very best at what? being impossible? That seems like it would just cause issues.

...That's the point. Causing issues for others or simply frustrating them.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 pm

What's the point of that? We should be helpful.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Taius Auric Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Indeed. One of the tenaments of the Nine is that one should always be willing to aid another in need…though in this case, I'd be extremely cautious on matters that may garner the interest of the Daedra Lords. Especially where its possible their power may become present in our world.
Taius Auric
Taius Auric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

You know, for someone who claims to want to serve the Nine you seem awfully into helping this lady out. I mean, there's helping those in need and there's helping people summoning Daedra.

Bad business, the lot of it. Just like any of those beasts.
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by Taius Auric Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 pm

The compassion and mercy of Stendarr is meant to be shared by all mortals, Sigismund. And I was merely agreeing with young lady, Arla, that it is better to aid than to hinder.

And, as I said, extreme caution would be warranted. It is one thing to help another learn, and therefore have the blessing of Julianos, but it is another to cause untold harm. I know how to differentiate.
Taius Auric
Taius Auric

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Then differentiate now.

This project is insidious, regardless of how successful it might be. Imagine the repercussions if someone was able to bind a Daedric Prince to their will. Such power - invested in the hands of a single woman - would be unprecedented and unspeakable. More likely, this mission shall end in failure, and the Elder Daedra will be so bemused by the efforts to harness them that they will unleash their fury upon the Mortal Plane.

This is an endeavour to be discouraged and denounced, not aided.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next