TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[The Orange Road, Glademist Cave] Licking their wounds

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[The Orange Road, Glademist Cave] Licking their wounds  - Page 2 Empty Re: [The Orange Road, Glademist Cave] Licking their wounds

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 am

"Great, glad we got that settled. I need... to go sit down." Kennek rubbed where his eye used to be, the bandages beginning to itch at his scales. He left the tent, going over to his sleeping back and grunting as he laid down.

Looking to his right, he saw his pack. Sighing, and having nothing else better to do, reached inside of it and rifling around. Grasping ahold of something wooden, he grasped it and pulled out a Nordic lute. His claws began to tune the instrument, humming a tune as he plucked at a few strings.

Irregular notes played, sour and disjointed. He'd be tuning for a while, but to him it'd be an excellent way to pass the time. Maybe he'd even play a song.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

[The Orange Road, Glademist Cave] Licking their wounds  - Page 2 Empty Re: [The Orange Road, Glademist Cave] Licking their wounds

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 pm

The argonian mage leaned back against the cave wall opposite Arla and took a deep breath. "Right now? We're resting for the night. We didn't have the luxury of being unconscious for two days. We need our sleep, just like men and mer. I'm awake now, however, and likely won't fall back asleep several hours. Is there anything you would like to talk about? If not I'm going to meditate"
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 pm

"Trust me, it wasn't a luxury." Her dreams still fresh in her mind. She suddenly felt a little self concious and pulled the pack up higher. Arla had questions and she might as well ask them.

"You have a lot of expierience in this sort of thing? What do you know about him. Hircine. And why did you call it a gift?"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Kennek plucked one of his strings and, finding the tune to his liking, began to play. The Bard's College had taught him well the ways of music and poetry, and he felt proud to uphold the tradition of Skyrim's warrior-poets.

A new song had taken hold in Skyrim. When the Dovahkiin had plunged into Sovngarde itself to defeat Alduin. A god brought low by a mortal. In some ways, it reminded him of his desire to fight the Thalmor, though he knew he would fail in the end.

He began to play the song.

"Alduin's wings, they did darken the sky.
His roar fury's fire, and his scales sharpened scythes.
Men ran and they cowered, and they fought and they died.
They burned and they bled as they issued their cries.

We need saviors to free us from Alduin's rage.
Heroes on the field of this new war to wage.
And if Alduin wins, man is gone from this world.
Lost in the shadow of the black wings unfurled.

But then came the Tongues on that terrible day.
Steadfast as winter, they entered the fray.
And all heard the music of Alduin's doom.
The sweet song of Skyrim, sky-shattering Thu'um.

And so the Tongues freed us from Alduin's rage.
Gave the gift of the Voice, ushered in a new Age.
If Alduin is eternal, then eternity's done.
For his story is over and the dragons are gone."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 pm

After smiling as she listened to her personal bard sing his song, Seeks returned her attention to the girl. "Nobody can truly know the mind of a Daedric Prince. They are beyond mortal comprehension. If I had to take a gander, though, I would say that He turns the victim into the ultimate hunter."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:46 pm

"And so that's what I am? An ultimate hunter?" She laughed a little, starting to relax as she enjoyed the song. "What is it like? Did you see it? I don't really remember everything when it happens. I'm starting to remember bits and pieces. The last time it happened I woke up in a field with a bunch of dead sheep"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Noticing Arla relax, Seeks allowed herself to relax. It would be another month before her next transformation, but you could never be too careful. She smirked and replied, "How should I know? I'm not a lycanthrope, and, as far as I know, they don't write books."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Kennek continued to pluck at the strings of his lute, skillfully but showing clear caution with his fingers. The scales might have continued as a callous in some way, but a claw of his could easily cut a string - and those were never easy to replace.

An important for being a bard was a competent singing voice, and while Kennek may have shared the hiss and growl of his people, his voice was deep and tinted with a Nordic accent. It didn't earn him much money (hence why he even became a mason), but that seemed to be because of the natural prejudice against non-Nords in his homeland, because he sang plenty fine in his own opinion.

The fact he memorized the Songs of Skyrim helped as well. And a few other songs for that manner.

"Doth propriety disappear,
In the courts and the ports,
Of the Bay.
Drinking new beer,
Everybody feels queer,
And the Earls and the churls,
Go astray.

The bee and the bird,
Don't have to tell us a word.
Our bodies for naughties,
Are prime.

If you haven't heard,
You can let yourself be lured,
For the youth,
for things uncouth,
It is time.

Oh, it's lovely to sit in a field,
harvested into rows,
It's lovelier still to do the same,
not wearing any clothes.

People of the Bay bless,
The flowered court of Wayrest,
For showing us the gentle way of sin,
The bonny Dark Elf queen,
Likes to see and to be seen,
With cobblers, thieves,
And tavernkeeps,
And slaves, and fish-er-men.

In the court of Lainlyn,
Right upon the mainland,
With sex, the whole place is in a whirl.
The Baroness likes to play,
With men who come her way,
While the Baron likes the little boys and girls.

Oh, it's lovely to give your lady a kiss upon her nose,
It's lovelier still to do the same not wearing any clothes.

In Daggerfall,
they hold a ball,
And all of society indulges in a variety,
Of scandal, they can handle -- A lot.
The Captain of the Guard,
Has to search very hard,
For a bean that the Queen,
Has in her pants.
And the Court Sorceress,
Will grant you a wish,
To cause the King to fling,
About his lance.

Oh, it's lovely to give your love a single perfect rose,

Oh, it's lovely to abandon all your cares and fears and woes,

Yes sir, it's lovely not wear any clothes!"

An uncensored version of Rude Song. Cost him a mint to find that one.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Seeks grinned at the playing of Kennek's song. She scooted herself a little closer to the warrior-bard. "So, uh, how are you, kid?"
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm

"Well, Seeks." Kennek continues to strum his lute, looking at Seeks with his good eye. "Two days ago we were ridin' high and about to have a good time in a bar, we had plenty of Septims for ourselves."

He sat with his legs crossed now, strumming one of his strings and finding a sour note. The argonian began to tune his instrument. "Then? Werewolves, the Vigil of Stendarr, and now we're wanted in the Empire for several counts of murder and supposed Daedra worship."

"I'm probably gonna die at this rate," Kennek grunted, finishing his tuning and continuing to play his lute. "And I won't be able to join the battle against the Thalmor. Top that all off with us goin' to High Rock, and at this rate either the Vigil, Thalmor, or Imperial Legion is gonna catch us."

Kennek was silent for a moment, closing his eye. "Still. Least I got you along for the ride, and as long as I do, I think I can deal with shit like this." He smiled at her, chuckling and shaking his head.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Arla watched them interact with half lidded eyes. Were these things relating? She surpressed a giggle at the thought before her facial expression changed as she thought too in depth "...ugh.."

Her stomach growled, filling in the awkward pause.

"Anything to eat?"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Were the mage man or mer, she may have blushed. Instead she opted to put an arm around Kennek's shoulders. Her face slightly sullen, she replied, "Well, I would be lying if I didn't say that a lot of that was my fault. It's... good to have a friend. Even if it is a meathead like you."

She smirked and touched the amulet he had given her back in the ruins of Helgen. She had initially intended to enchant it, but now she wasn't sure. As she began to examine it, she suddenly remembered that Arla was sitting right across from them, likely very confused. "Oh... yes. We have food. I'll get some for you."

Seeks got up and went out to get some food from the horse's saddlebags.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Kennek always enjoyed the feel of Seeks, grinning at her and reaching to give her a squeeze - before noticing Arla looking at them both. By the time he managed to restrain himself, Seeks was gone to get food.

He only shrugged a bit, knowing there'd be another opportunity down the line. And at the very least, she liked the necklace - so that was a plus to the Argonian man.

He plucked away at his lute, looking at his "audience". "So. What song should be next, ladies?"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Arla knew only a couple 'Nord' songs, all pro Imperial. She'd have suggested one but didn't feel the need to make Kennek any more pissed at her.

"Most things are fine. And do you have meat? I've been cravin- And I probably should stop saying things like that huh. But my point stands. Meat please"

A chipper smile to top it off
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:49 pm

In walked Seeks with a large piece of Venison, an onion, some carrots, and a cookpot full of water. "Stand back."

She placed the cookpot on the fire, used her claws to rip apart the ingredients, placed them in the pot and closed the lid. Facing away from Arla and Kennek, she dualcast flames at the pot, cooking everything in a matter of minutes. "There. Food."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm

"Ah, my Seeks is truly the greatest of women - doesn't even need a stove to cook." Kennek grinned, thinking of another song to play. He'd probably get hit for that quip, but the smell of cooking food distracted him from logical thought.

He began to play and sing again, anything to take his mind off the pain in his body.

"Oh, there once was a hero named Ragnar the Red
Who came riding to Whiterun from old Rorikstead
And the braggart did swagger and brandish his blade
As he told of bold battles and gold he had made

But then he went quiet, did Ragnar the Red
When he met the shield-maiden Matilda, who said;

'Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our mead
Now I think it's high time that you lie down and bleed!'

And so then came clashing and slashing of steel
As the brave lass Matilda charged in, full of zeal

And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no mooooore-
When his ugly red head rolled around on the floor!"
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 am

Arla grabbed the nearest chunk of meat, tearing into it with ferocity that seemed to overshadow the reptilian mouths of the Argonians. Screw manners at this point, she hadn't eaten in days.

Through a mouthful of meat she mumbled "Overdone" but continued to eat. Ignoring the vegetables, she continued eating.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:58 am

In contrast to Arla, Seeks pulled an empty waterskin from her robe and scooped some of the stew into it, pouring small bits into her mouth at a time. "If I had a couple of hours to stew this properly it wouldn't be. But you're hungry and I'd rather not keep you like that."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:43 am

"I don't know what you're complainin' about, this is just fine to me." Kennek commented, eating his stew in content silence afterwards. He seemed to be grateful just to have someone who knew how to cook around.

Besides, meat is meat.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm

"Just commenting" Arla spotted an undercooked chunk, quickly tearing it apart. Blood running down the side of her cheek, she sighed and leaned back

"Delicious. One day I'll make you both something to eat even better. Now when are we going and how long will it take?"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 pm

"Down to business, then? Alright, here's the plan."

Seeks pulled out a hand-drawn map of Tamriel. She pointed to their location, then to a spot between Camlorn and Daggerfall. "This is where we are, and this is where we need to be. There are several paths we can take, so I'd like to discuss it with you two."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 am

Kennek looked at the map and grunted, tracing a claw along the route that he would prefer to take. "We should probably head into the Colovian Highlands and into Hammerfell. Avoid Cheydinhal and road patrols outright, and we can hunt for food and bring back water in the wilderness. Simple, effective."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:42 am

A trek through the Highlands, great...

"After we get into Hammerfell, we can stay on the main roads then right? Roads are always faster and we want to get there before the new moon right?"

Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Making notes in her head, Seeks nodded. "Over the highlands, avoid Cheydinhal. Taking roads should be safe in Hammerfell, no Imperial patrols there. Good, good. That leaves the question of the Illiac Bay. Will we travel by land or sea to get across it? Sea will be faster, but we may have to get through a Census and Excise office. Land will take longer, but there's risk of running into Imperial patrols."
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 pm

"Depends on if you know how to do riggin' on a ship, or if we have enough gold to bribe a census into lettin' us slide." Kennek shrugged, looking at Seeks. "What we really need to watch out for are the Thalmor."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum