TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well blast

+6
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Arla Neerus
Amelin
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Amator Bellum
Alicia Jornali
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well blast Empty Well blast

Post by Alicia Jornali Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 pm

It's getting dark and it's whiteout conditions here. I'm either somewhere in Skyrim or Solstheim, probably the latter.

Of all the places to get shipwrecked. Nothing around for miles except snow and the occasional tree.

Found a small cave, checked to be sure it was empty. I'm hearing howling outside. Probably some wolves. I've got a decent steel sword, a woodcutting axe, a bow with a fair number of arrows, and a spear I fashioned for hunting, so I'm not too worried. Besides, wolves usually leave people alone...

I'll wait for these conditions to break, then start heading south. Anybody here a cartographer or something? If I do find a landmark, it'd be nice to have a map.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Well blast Empty Re: Well blast

Post by Amator Bellum Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I LOAV GAMES LIKE THIS!

I EXEUNT CAVE AND TORN LEFT!
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 pm

... of all the people who I get an answer from, it's the damned village idiot.

Anybody else want to chime in?
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Hrm. If you were traveling by sea and are not sure as to whether you are now in Skyrim or Solstheim, you could only have come from Vvardenfell. What is the point of being on that barren, forsaken rock?
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelin Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Solstheim? I wish you luck friend. I've heard not even the Nords can stand that place.

For the record, wolves tend to leave people alone mostly, as long as you stay far from their dens, that's where the most violent encounters usually occur.
Amelin
Amelin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

fight the Wolfs eat them and gane there powyr
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Leave the wolves alone
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:10 pm

That's not how wolves work.

Anyway, if you're near the northern coast, it'd be best if you headed for Winterhold.

If you're at the east coast, make your way to Windhelm.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:Hrm. If you were traveling by sea and are not sure as to whether you are now in Skyrim or Solstheim, you could only have come from Vvardenfell. What is the point of being on that barren, forsaken rock?
Actually, no. I was onboard an East Empire Company ship that was sailing from a small port near Blacklight. Long story short, ship caught fire when someone knocked a lantern into a barrel of pitch, I got picked up by an Imperial Navy ship, then that ship crashed into the rocks somewhere. Not sure where it'd gone off course, the captain didn't tell me where he was heading and the navigational logs were destroyed by water. And I was stuck in the brig the whole time on suspicion of arson.

As for the wolves, just spotted them. They're leaving me alone, it looks like. Thank goodness, I don't need any more things to worry about.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigismund Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 pm

If I were you, I'd look for the nearest high ground once the storm ends. Try and find a village nearby.

If you're on the shore, you may as well follow it. Even in the north there are fishing villages.
Sigismund
Sigismund

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 pm

High ground is out of the question, this place is pretty flat from the looks of it.

As for following the coast, there's a problem: I don't have that much fresh water. I do know a dowsing spell, but it's pointing me inland.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Azim Dekshari Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:25 am

Alicia Jornali wrote:High ground is out of the question, this place is pretty flat from the looks of it.

As for following the coast, there's a problem: I don't have that much fresh water. I do know a dowsing spell, but it's pointing me inland.

If it points inland, maybe you should try going...inland. If you're in either of those places, Skyrim or Solsethem Solstheim, you'll stumble upon someone eventually. Just pray to your gods that this someone's not a bandit.
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 pm

From the sounds of things, thats your only option, really. Do you have a means of defending yourself from the elements?
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:58 pm

LadyOfBruma wrote:From the sounds of things, thats your only option, really. Do you have a means of defending yourself from the elements?
Fire spells and a warm coat.

*The pages get spattered with a few small specks of blood*

... well that was... interesting. Any idea why a crazed nord would be following me through the wilderness? Wouldn't say a word to me, even with a sword to his throat.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:01 pm

What kind of clothes was he wearing, if any?
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Perhaps because you put the sword in his throat. He needs needed that for speaking.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:09 pm

YOU FUCKEN IDIUT YOU GOT BLOOD ON THE BOOKE FOR ALL WE NO THAT SUMMONS MEHRINS DRAGONE AND FECKEN ALDOIN WHAT THE HELLS WHERE YOU THINKANG?!?

sorry for swering but cum on pepiel this is clearly a magick so we should treat it with respek.
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Go south. Follow the coast south at least. There are always people by the water. That's what Asren said.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm trying, Arla, I'm trying. Good news is that I've found a spring, so I've got enough water to go on.

Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:Perhaps because you put the sword in his throat. He needs needed that for speaking.
I'm not that stupid. I was threatening him, and asking him why he was following me. He then managed to toss me off and started attacking me like a beast.

On that note, I need to get myself a lighter sword. Why does everyone around here think swords should be so heavy, anyway?
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:22 pm

You should have knocked him out and left him

Why does it always come down to killing?
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyOfBruma Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:24 pm

So they don't break apart after the first few swings.

But if you're looking for lighter weaponry, without risk of cheap forging, you could always learn a binding spell. Form a daedric weapon in your defense. Not permanent, but certainly useful.
LadyOfBruma
LadyOfBruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:27 pm

No offense to anyone here, but nords just seem to make their swords far heavier than they need to be. At least the grip is large enough to use it as a hand-and-a-half blade.

Arla Neerus wrote:You should have knocked him out and left him

Why does it always come down to killing?
Because he was violently swinging at me with a rusty axe, that's why!
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Alicia Jornali wrote:I'm trying, Arla, I'm trying. Good news is that I've found a spring, so I've got enough water to go on.

Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:Perhaps because you put the sword in his throat. He needs needed that for speaking.
I'm not that stupid. I was threatening him, and asking him why he was following me. He then managed to toss me off and started attacking me like a beast.

On that note, I need to get myself a lighter sword. Why does everyone around here think swords should be so heavy, anyway?
Heh, Skyrim steel, dunmer. We tend to make sure they're heavy enough to make an impact. And greetings, nine watch you on your way.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Asren Free-Spirit wrote:Heh, Skyrim steel, dunmer. We tend to make sure they're heavy enough to make an impact. And greetings, nine watch you on your way.
I'd much prefer a saber right now, to be honest... hopefully I can find a decent smithy and buy one.

And thank you. While I may not prey to them, I do at least acknowledge the existence of the Nine.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Depending on where you are, I know a few smiths that can handle special orders depending on the coin. There's a guy in Winterhold I visited a few times who's a legend in the enchantment arts as well if you need something extra to boot.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum