TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well blast

+6
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Arla Neerus
Amelin
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Amator Bellum
Alicia Jornali
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well blast - Page 2 Empty Re: Well blast

Post by Azim Dekshari Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Alicia Jornali wrote:
Asren Free-Spirit wrote:Heh, Skyrim steel, dunmer. We tend to make sure they're heavy enough to make an impact. And greetings, nine watch you on your way.
I'd much prefer a saber right now, to be honest... hopefully I can find a decent smithy and buy one.

And thank you. While I may not prey to them, I do at least acknowledge the existence of the Nine.
A saber? Come now, dunmer, you can do better than that! Why settle for anything less than a Hammerfell scimitar?
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Asren Free-Spirit wrote:Depending on where you are, I know a few smiths that can handle special orders depending on the coin. There's a guy in Winterhold I visited a few times who's a legend in the enchantment arts as well if you need something extra to boot.
I believe I'm heading towards Winterhold right now. Still a bit lost, but at least I've got water.

Azim Dekshari wrote:A saber? Come now, dunmer, you can do better than that! Why settle for anything less than a Hammerfell scimitar?
Because you can't stab with a scimitar.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Interesting. There's a breton named Killian Tristore who lives near the college at Winterhold who specializes in enchantment, restoration, and conjuration I know. Let him know Asren Free-Spirit of Falkreath vouches for you if he starts to get grouchy and distrustful. He may be willing to help you out. Don't worry, I trust him enough not to fry you on sight.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Azim Dekshari Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:08 pm

That's a common misconception, elf. You can indeed stab a man with a scimitar, however, it is designed for slashing. But, if you wish to settle for a lesser blade, so be it.
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Good news: I found a fishing village.

Bad news: It was burned to the ground a while ago. And I do mean a while, almost everything is collapsed and there's a house mostly buried in a snow bank.

Lucky news: Looks like the marauders left behind a rather nice dwemer saber. Guess that's better than no luck at all.

Azim Dekshari wrote:That's a common misconception, elf. You can indeed stab a man with a scimitar, however, it is designed for slashing. But, if you wish to settle for a lesser blade, so be it.
My point still stands to a degree; my fighting style relies on stabbing enough that it'd be difficult to use a scimitar.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Finally. I've made it to Winterhold. Got myself a room at the local tavern.

The mead's not too bad, but it's not strong enough if you ask me. Sujamma packs much more of a punch, in the sense that it gets you intoxicated faster. Though mead does taste better... except for the kind my dad made for the holidays, but that was his special brew.

For those who don't know what it is, sujamma is a local liquor from Morrowind. Most of it is basically what people around here would call 'rotgut'. You don't drink it because it tastes good, you drink it because you want to get drunk.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Azim Dekshari Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 pm

So, you truly are in Skyrim, then? Welcome. I've never traveled to Winterhold - is it truly as wrecked and barren as everyone claims?
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Azim Dekshari wrote:So, you truly are in Skyrim, then? Welcome. I've never traveled to Winterhold - is it truly as wrecked and barren as everyone claims?
Yes. Yes it is. Place feels like it's a only a couple years from becoming a ghost town.

And I'm very much glad that I'm here, not in Solstheim. Established cities are nice. I still want to get someplace a little less frozen though (not to mention nicer towards my kind). Probably head to Cyrodiil.

Oh, and I knocked out a drunken nord who... well, tried to perform indecencies towards me (I am going to leave it at that, thank you very much). Apparently it's something a regular event here; the tavern-goers barely even flinched, and the guardsman who showed up just asked if he'd been acting lecherous again before hauling him off. Town drunk, I suppose.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Azim Dekshari Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Alicia Jornali wrote:
Yes. Yes it is. Place feels like it's a only a couple years from becoming a ghost town.

And I'm very much glad that I'm here, not in Solstheim. Established cities are nice. I still want to get someplace a little less frozen though (not to mention nicer towards my kind). Probably head to Cyrodiil.

Oh, and I knocked out a drunken nord who... well, tried to perform indecencies towards me (I am going to leave it at that, thank you very much). Apparently it's something a regular event here; the tavern-goers barely even flinched, and the guardsman who showed up just asked if he'd been acting lecherous again before hauling him off. Town drunk, I suppose.
That's a shame. You know, if you've got the aptitude, you should visit the College. While I have no interest in magic spells myself - it's too dangerous and unpredictable - I hear that it's the best place to study.

If you're looking for racial fairness, I'd say...avoid Windhelm. Try for Solitude, or even Whiterun. I hear that the Jarl's bodyguard is an elf at Whiterun.
Azim Dekshari
Azim Dekshari

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Stendarr's mercy, you mean that idiot Velheim? He tried the same thing when I was there last, the broken jaw I gave him didn't even make him consider backing off. Thankfully you didn't have as much trouble, I trust.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Asren Free-Spirit wrote:Stendarr's mercy, you mean that idiot Velheim? He tried the same thing when I was there last, the broken jaw I gave him didn't even make him consider backing off. Thankfully you didn't have as much trouble, I trust.
If he commonly wears a dark green shirt, then yes, it may have been him. He's probably going to have a splitting headache when he comes around, but I don't think I hurt him too severely.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Aye, that's the bastard. Good to see you weren't so charmed by him, I've seen him worm his way into the knickers of far too many maidens before I took a crack at him.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum