TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Skyrim, Whiterun] Our heroes, Our heroes (open)

+6
Agrippina
Asren Free-Spirit
Akatosh
Lesar
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Arla Neerus
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Skyrim, Whiterun] Our heroes, Our heroes (open) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Skyrim, Whiterun] Our heroes, Our heroes (open)

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 pm

"No...I haven't" her eyes were locked on those teeth. Just watching them tear into the food made her shoulder hurt. She could feel them tearing, ripping. Do something Arla, he is toying with you. You are better than that. It was like an animal, she had to take charge or at least push him away.

"And I don't really care to see another. Why aren't you in a swamp?"

She let the harsh words flow off her tongue, hoping the nervousness she felt didn't carry over into them. The idea of sleeping outside was becoming more appealing. It was one of the monsters from when she was little. Why did he have to come up here.

Her body was tense, especially on the wound. She pushed some food for herself off to the side, away from the probable thief.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

[Skyrim, Whiterun] Our heroes, Our heroes (open) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Skyrim, Whiterun] Our heroes, Our heroes (open)

Post by Lesar Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Lesar looked sharply at the other Imperial, surprised by the blatant statement. It wasn't exactly common to say that sort of thing straight to Argonians, even among the most racist humans. Elves, certainly, but not humans. And this one didn't look elf-born, to her.

"Now, now, that's no way to speak among friends," she said, with a scolding tone. "Besides, they're not at all bad, just different. I've been traveling to and from Black Marsh for over a decade and have never had a problem with Argonians. Well, a few criminals, but I've run just as many Elven or Human bandits.

"Besides," she said, with a slight flirtatious catch in her voice, "Argonians can be very... flexible when they need to."
Lesar
Lesar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Kennek was going to punch that little bitch straight in the nose.

Instead, he looked at the other woman and grinned, ignoring the mouthy little mammal. "Well, we most certainly can... perhaps I could show you? Of course, that would mean sharing the bed..." He licked his teeth slowly, leaning forward ever so slightly.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 pm

"He is gonna tear the sheets..." Claws, scales, and a tail? Yeah those sheets will be destroyed. "I thought we were drawing for the bed?"

Was she pushing how much she could get away with, being a guest and all, sure. Hopefully the other women was one of the gracious hosts.

"You know, I don't think I could call him a friend. We just were introduced."
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesar Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:43 pm

"Yes, you know, it'd probably be a bit fast, I think," Lesar said. "We have only just met, after all, as Arla has pointed out," she said with a wink, "and we can get better acquainted. After all," she said, turning to Arla, "didn't your mum ever tell you that a stranger's just a friend you haven't met yet?" She got a slightly puzzled look on her face as she looked upward slightly. "Unless they're bandits. Or Thalmor. Definitely not Thalmor."
Lesar
Lesar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 pm

The Argonian looked at the flirtatious woman and grinned. "I wouldn't mind getting to know you. Not at all."

Kennek leaned back in his seat, arms behind his head and under his horns. His tail swayed slightly, back and forth, almost hypnotically. He gave a great yawn, a bit of a hiss mixed within as he did so. "Shall we turn in for the night then? It has been a rough day for me."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

"We have to draw for the bed. And no, my mom warned me about strangers. But since I'm here and not back home, I guess I'm not great at listening to what she says"

Something was up with these two. They got along too well. Probably nothing but it seemed shifty. Arla looked at the other women in the room. Maybe she had a room.

She turned, eyes wide and pleading in readiness to make contact with her.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, this was getting interesting. Asren watched the discussion between the two girls and argonian, swigging her mead idly like she was watching a play. All the while, she kept a hand hovering over the dagger sheathed in her boot as she looked over at the one named Arla. Piercing eyes watched the girl for a moment before shrugging and taking on a more approachable posture, Asren's eyes dropped the scary-act and switched to personable warmth while she beckoned the kid over. Should Arla have chosen such that is.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm

To the planes with it.

"Excuse me, I think I found something" Arla took a piece of bread and a chunk of mutton with her as she crossed the room. The woman's gaze followed her across and into the seat across from her.

"Thank you" She whispered.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Asren simply nodded and placed her free hand on the bar again in a casual manner. Swigging her mead for a moment, she shrugged and broke the silence a bit. "Having some trouble?" Asren mouthed to the girl, playing things off cooly for now while she glanced at the argonian occasionally.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 pm

"I don't like the lizard that much..." She keeps her voice low, barely a whisper. She does speak up though "No, no trouble. I'm think I might have lost a place to sleep tonight. Arm is killing me too." She shows off her bleeding wound.

"How are you though? My name is Arla Neerus"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Kennek could quite honestly care less about some timid little thing going away from the table. Now he could focus on more... important matters. Clasping his hands together, he grinned that grin of his at the remaining Imperial. "Well, looks like I won that draw of yours by default. Can't say I'm not happy about that."
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 pm

"Tired, hungry, and in need of a place to stay for the night." Asren replied simply, wincing in sympathy when she saw the wound on Arla's arm. "Ack, can't let you be wandering around Skyrim with a wound like that young one. Let old Asren help you with that." the sellsword offered with a smile, glancing at a barmaid and handing her a few sovereigns for a room. As she grasped the kid's hand firmly, Asren gave the argonian a last glance before leading Arla to an unremarkable room upstairs.

Casually, Asren placed her equipment and weapons on a table before grabbing a bag and digging around in it. She produced a healing drought and placed it on the table beside the bed, then took a cup and poured some of the potion in it and prepared a tonic for Arla to drink.

"So what exactly were you doing to get cut up like this anyways?" The nord asked as she handed the cup to Arla, sitting next to her as she began to remove the bandages carefully and inspected the wound properly.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 pm

"I was travelling the border a few days ago and a wolf attacked me! It was so scary but wow, I have never had anything as exciting happen. It bit and dragged me a little so I used the knife to stab it. He let me go and I walked to the nearest village."

She didn't go into detail about her attempted theft of a healing potion. It probably would have made the Nord woman angry, something Arla didn't wish to risk.

It was a little weird, having part of her dress undone with a stranger in the room. At least when the priests did it, she was out of it. Now she was fully aware. You wanted adventure Arla, now you've got it.

She winced as the bandages were pulled off, some scabs tearing as the week old material was removed. The wound was not healing well. The priests expected Arla to be back in Chorral by now with actual treatment. Not hanging around in a tavern in Skyrim. There was a slight stench of gangrenous flesh as the last bandage came off. Her skin around the injury red, beginning to become infectious.

Arla tilted her head away, not wanting to see it. "How bad is it?"
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Asren listened to Arla's story as she inspected her wounded arm, handling it with familiarity. "Bad enough," she replied icily. "let me find a gag or something to bite down on." she said calmly before digging around in her bag once again for a few minutes. After some time of searching, Asren sat back on the bed with a chunk of rope in hand that she offered to Arla. "Drink that tonic, then bite down in this. You're arm's gonna be incredibly sore for a while as it cures up." she warned Arla calmly with a 'trust me' look in her eye.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm

"Nine, is it going to hurt?" She took the rope, already bracing herself for the incoming pain. That's all there seemed to be in Skyrim. Pain. Cross the border? Pain. Get into town? Pain. Get healed? Pain. Ugh, she guessed she could handle a little bit more.

She set down the rope and picked up the tonic. It bubbled pleasantly but based on what Asren said, she expected something much worse. Tilting her head back, she poured it into her mouth. It burned instantly, she almost spat it out. It tasted worse than the time she broke into the liquor cabinet and stole some brandy.

Through watery eyes she saw the last of the liquid vanish. She dropped the cup and began coughing. Grabbing for the rope, she stuffed it into her mouth and bit down hard. She coughed through the fibers as the burn moved from her throat and to her arm, intensifying as it went.

She closed her eyes, good hand gripping the table with the injured one balled into a fist. It was going down rough.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Asren had expected this, and she kept a firm grip on Arla's shoulder to keep her supported while they waited on the potion to do its work.
"Come on, you're stronger than this..." she whispered reassuringly throughout.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:00 pm

The pain turned from a stabbing to a throb rather quickly. The worst had passed. Now it just felt like she had been working on the farm all day. Soreness aside, the wound actually looked better. Not as deep and the irritated red color had turned to a healthy pink.

She let the rope slip from her mouth and slumped, exhausted, in the chair. She wiped her eyes before speaking "I guess I am" A weak smile to confirm she was alright.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Returning the smile, Asren put the cup away and discarded the rope before helping Arla gather herself gently. "Alright, let me patch that up cut for you." With a pat on Arla's back, the towering nord began to apply bandages and cleaning fluid to the cut carefully.

"So, tell me about yourself kid. Where are you from?"
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 pm

"A Farm outside Chorral. That's in Cyrodiil. I worked at a bar in the city proper for a while so I guess I lived there too." Arla relaxed under the touch, feeling a little bit dizzy from the drink.

"Is it s'poused to make me dizzy?" She gestured at the drink, wincing as the wound was cleaned.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Asren nodded with bemusement, listening to Arla talk.

"Papa was an adventurer, just like I am now. He taught me everything he knew; swordplay, hunting, use of the bow, survival in the wilderness, that sort of thing." Asren rattled off in reply, making sure the bandages were safely wrapped around Arla's wound. "There, good as new. Give the arm a few days and it'll be like nothing happened to it!" She said with a cheerful grin, heading over to the table and pouring herself some wine to drink. "Do you need to stay for the night?" Asren asked, her tone even despite her accent bleeding through with each syllable.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Arla eyed the wine "Yus. I don't have any gold so don't rob me please" Her head swayed. "And thank you. I was worried I'd be all gimped by it. I don't like being hurt" She slurred heavily.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Asren shook her head with a soft laugh, pouring Arla a glass as well and offering it to her with a smile. "No problem, I'm used committing acts of kindness." the nord winked and sat back down.

"Trust me, if I was going to rob you I would've just let you bleed out miles away from this village." She reassured firmly.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

"Gee...thanks" huh. Something was holding her head up. She wondered what it was for a moment before a warm darkness over took her. Arla passed out, exhausted from the long march to Whiterun, the long day, the injury, the lizard, and the healing. It had been a hell of a day for her and at least now it was over somewhere safe and warm.

She began to snore softly. Not yet dreaming.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Asren Free-Spirit Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 pm

With a sigh, Asren began to join Arla in slumber with a loud snore of contentment.

Good thing she locked the door when they entered the room.
Asren Free-Spirit
Asren Free-Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next