TESRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just realized...the implications of these books.

+6
Amator Bellum
Alicia Jornali
Arla Neerus
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Valdimir
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just realized...the implications of these books. - Page 2 Empty Re: Just realized...the implications of these books.

Post by Valdimir Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

By the nine. This is what I am talking about my lads! I know it went off topic but look, Kennek here just drew us all a picture. Through these books. We weren't present at his very location when he made that art. Do you see now, what I am speaking of?

Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Just realized...the implications of these books. - Page 2 Empty Re: Just realized...the implications of these books.

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes, I understand. But what you are suggesting is meddling with forces you can't possibly understand. And please take note that this is a coming from a worshiper of Malacath.
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Okay, it's quiet again.

I think you guys are freaking me out but I don't think anything is down here. I did find a locked gate but I didn't go further than that.

Outside it basically looks like falkreath. It's kinda pretty out there. And I did hear something down there but nothing else.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Get out of the damned cave.

If it isn't a Falmer, it's a Frostbite spider next, or a bear.

Get to Falkreath.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdimir Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:Yes, I understand. But what you are suggesting is meddling with forces you can't possibly understand. And please take note that this is a coming from a worshiper of Malacath.

And if we never "meddle" with stuff we don't understand, how will we as a society ever advance? It is in our nature to discover new things and find means to control it my lad!
Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicia Jornali Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Valdimir wrote:
Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:Yes, I understand. But what you are suggesting is meddling with forces you can't possibly understand. And please take note that this is a coming from a worshiper of Malacath.

And if we never "meddle" with stuff we don't understand, how will we as a society ever advance? It is in our nature to discover new things and find means to control it my lad!
One should not meddle with things they do not understand while unprepared. Delving into a cave without a good number of torches (or other way of producing light) and a good weapon tends to be hazardous to your health.
Alicia Jornali
Alicia Jornali

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks-Many-Secrets Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Valdimir wrote:And if we never "meddle" with stuff we don't understand, how will we as a society ever advance? It is in our nature to discover new things and find means to control it my lad!
That is the mentality that led the Dwemer to their demise. One has to be careful with things such as this. Did you not notice that man that tried to destroy the book, and it attacked him?
Seeks-Many-Secrets
Seeks-Many-Secrets

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdimir Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Well of course we have to prepared! We can't just explore new lands with our damned pants pulled down haha!

Though to say that we should 'never' explore new grounds is just silly is what I'm saying!
Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm back out of the cave. It is getting dark. I think I know the way to Falkreath but we will see.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 pm

One does not just poke at Daedric artifacts, however. There really are no safety measures to be taken when doing so.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennek-Getha of Iblan Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Arla Neerus wrote:I'm back out of the cave. It is getting dark. I think I know the way to Falkreath but we will see.

Just follow the lights of the torches, Arla. You'll be fine.
Kennek-Getha of Iblan
Kennek-Getha of Iblan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdimir Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Arla Neerus wrote:I'm back out of the cave. It is getting dark. I think I know the way to Falkreath but we will see.
M'lady, what were you doing in a cave all by yourself in the first place eh? And you should be worrying about those damned bears not falmer. Those nasty falmer buggers usually stay in the deeper parts of caves...your not in a deep part of a cave right now are ya?
Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdimir Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Nightshade wrote:One does not just poke at Daedric artifacts, however. There really are no safety measures to be taken when doing so.

Poking. POKING??

You are afraid at "poking" these enchanted books, but your not afraid in scribbling in em like madmen? Ha! Come on now! I'm not saying that exploring new lands isn't dangerous but just think. Think of the potential this magic can do for us!

Not only that but if these books are produced in mass, they can be sold at a very valuable price indeed!
Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Agrippina Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Valdimir wrote:Not only that but if these books are produced in mass, they can be sold at a very valuable price indeed!
Quite aside from your suicidal insistence on meddling in Daedric magic, you seem to have a feeble grasp of economics. If these tomes were produced on mass, they would become just as cheap as any common commodity. If profit is your motive, then you should wish to limit the supply in order to hike up the price. Our copies are invaluable because they are scarce. The more there are, the less valuable they become.

But I shall be keeping a hold of mine, thank you, Daedric or not.
Agrippina
Agrippina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arla Neerus Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey...

Is Asren around? I need a little help. I'm outside of Falkreath, safe and I can see the front gate, but I need her.
Arla Neerus
Arla Neerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 am

Valdimir wrote:Poking. POKING??

You are afraid at "poking" these enchanted books, but your not afraid in scribbling in em like madmen? Ha! Come on now! I'm not saying that exploring new lands isn't dangerous but just think. Think of the potential this magic can do for us!

Not only that but if these books are produced in mass, they can be sold at a very valuable price indeed!
Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:That is the mentality that led the Dwemer to their demise. One has to be careful with things such as this. Did you not notice that man that tried to destroy the book, and it attacked him?

Hey. Hey, half wit. Read what she said again. You done so? Good. Let me explain the significance of this, given you seem incapable of understanding it.

You want to make more of these? Easiest way would be to disenchant it, or at least that's my guess. You know that disenchanting objects tends to turn them into dust, right? So, in other words, it destroys them. Now do you realise the stupidity of your suggestion? When I tried to burn my book, it tried, for lack of a better term, to eat my fingers.

But if this still hasn't discouraged you of "exploring new lands", go ahead! Go to an enchanting table and disenchant your book.

Blame no one but yourself when it crushes your hands between its pages.

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Amator Bellum Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I PRESONELLY LIKE MY DIARY

IT LISSENS WELL AND ALWAYS HAS SOMETHUNG INTRADASTING TO SAY
Amator Bellum
Amator Bellum

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdimir Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Jalum-Ek wrote:
Valdimir wrote:Poking. POKING??

Seeks-Many-Secrets wrote:That is the mentality that led the Dwemer to their demise. One has to be careful with things such as this. Did you not notice that man that tried to destroy the book, and it attacked him?

Hey. Hey, half wit. Read what she said again. You done so? Good. Let me explain the significance of this, given you seem incapable of understanding it.

You want to make more of these? Easiest way would be to disenchant it, or at least that's my guess. You know that disenchanting objects tends to turn them into dust, right? So, in other words, it destroys them. Now do you realise the stupidity of your suggestion? When I tried to burn my book, it tried, for lack of a better term, to eat my fingers.

But if this still hasn't discouraged you of "exploring new lands", go ahead! Go to an enchanting table and disenchant your book.

Blame no one but yourself when it crushes your hands between its pages.
Ya sour puss.
Valdimir
Valdimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 pm

If I remember correctly, there were a few people who are writing now in these ledgers who found them off of corpses. Perhaps it was the book who ended them. You never know.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:28 pm

... urgh, hist damn you Nightshade, I hate this book enough as it is. Now you're making me paranoid about it.

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Considering they're all but confirmed to be Daedric Artifacts, I think being paranoid is the proper response. So you're welcome.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Calith Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Jalum-Ek wrote:... urgh, hist damn you Nightshade, I hate this book enough as it is. Now you're making me paranoid about it.

You could try locking it in a chest when you sleep if you're worried about it. Assuming it's not strong enough to break through reinforced metal.
Calith
Calith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Calith wrote:

You could try locking it in a chest when you sleep if you're worried about it. Assuming it's not strong enough to break through reinforced metal.

...I like you, Calith. That made me laugh.
Nightshade
Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalum-Ek Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Calith wrote:
Jalum-Ek wrote:... urgh, hist damn you Nightshade, I hate this book enough as it is. Now you're making me paranoid about it.

If I had a steel chest, I probably would. The chest would also be enchanted. And inside a bigger chest. I'm sure that would stop it.

I hope.

Jalum-Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Calith Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Nightshade wrote:...I like you, Calith. That made me laugh.

Thank you, I try.

If i'm going to be stuck with this arcane kindling I might as well try and have some fun with it.
Calith
Calith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next